*°:⋆ₓₒWELCOME TO THE JUNGLEₓₒ⋆:°*

DO I WANNA KNOW ➤ BY ARTIC MONKEYS

;Do I wanna know?

If this feelin' flows both ways?

Sad to see you go, Was sorta hopin' that you'd stay
Baby, we both know, That the nights were mainly made

For sayin' things that you can't say tomorrow day;

⭒☆━━━━━━˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚━━━━━━☆⭒

Previously...

Jack and his son stared each other down, neither willing to budge. Jack let out a breath, "You listen to me, I've got twelve thousand people in this town who are scared out of their minds and they've got one person to rely on. It used to be someone else but now its just me." He registered faintly in the back of his mind as he looked into Joe's teary brown eyes that his son was one of those twelve thousand people who depended on him. Without another word from either of them he turned around and walked out the house.

Leaving Joe standing there with tears running down his face.

⭒☆━━━━━━˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚━━━━━━☆⭒

➤[0.8] WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ

    Joe didn't stick around much longer after his father left to go God knows where. A couple minutes after he was sure his father was gone, he grabbed his winter jacket, hopped onto his bike and rode to the cemetery. Joe had been out there for a while just sitting against his mother's grave, her necklace in his hand, the sun had long set and the night sky was matching his gloomy mood. It was quiet except for the sound of crickets chirping. Tears ran down his face as he thought about the fight with his dad and how, if his mother were still alive, she'd had listened to him. His mother would've been on his side, and if she hadn't, well she would've at least listened to his side before yelling at him like his father did.

Joe wasn't dumb. He was aware his father wanted to send him off instead of being a real parent for once. All the talks of summer camps and six week long programs. His dad would never understand him and the things he was into or the people he hung out with. While Joe would never expect his dad to wake up one day and understand that he'd never be interested in the things his father was interested in as a child, It hurt that his dad would rather fight than just accept him for who he was. But Joe knew there was more to it than that.