Chapter 4

I managed to get a nice shirt and suitable shorts to go out. I had asked Marlene if she could go shopping with me and she agreed apparently she enjoyed shopping more than anything. I told the boys about my shopping plan and they gave me their general credit card to buy whatever I want because who freaking has a general credit card. I think that's how much they trust each other, it's so sweet.

"Wait here, I'll get paul to drive us there". Marlene told me.
" Okay".

I was waiting for marlene at the doorstep when drake was about to leave. He was busy with his phone that he didn't see me and bumped into me. I swear I almost fell down the stairs but I managed to balance myself.

"Sorry I didn't see you there" drake apologized.
"It's alright ..." I said and looked around to see if Marlene was coming.
A phone rang I think drake's and he hesitantly picked it. I wonder who that could be.

"Hello" he answered the person on the other side with a more deep and stern tone I guess to sound strict or something.

"I really have been expecting your call. I didn't think you'd take so long. Tell me what is it you really you want?"
He said smirking.

" You can't do anything about it." He said in a matter of factly way.

" You better watch your back or else" he said glaring into space and hung up.
I watched him as he breathed in and out to calm himself down.

He turned to me" where's marlene?". He asked looking around.

"She told me she was going to call the driver I don't know what's taking her so long"  I replied him.

" Yeah before I forget. Give me your number" Drake demands.

"Uh .... I don't have my phone with me. Or probably I don't have one" I told him.

" Ohh ohkay ... You're going shopping anyways while you're there get one. An iphone for that matter. Iphone Xr to be more specific" he said this like he was the freaking richest guy on earth.

"Are you insane? What do you think you are. The freaking president you know you can't boss me around and I can't accept this tho it's too much. I know you're trying to be nice but this is a little over the top"

" Look I insist. Sorry if I said it in an offensive manner or I don't know. Just do what I've asked you to. You can thank me later too" he said not even looking at me but furiously at his phone. Thank me later I just sighed and kept quiet.

"Im sorry Josie for wasting a lot of time. We can go now" marlene said appearing out of nowhere looking flushed.

"Wait... One of my guards will go with you guys for safety " he suggested.

" Safety from what" I asked confused.

" Are you forgetting that you escaped from a psychopath's house ?" He said.

My mood changed instantly remembering Billy.
I just nodded. Just then Marlene comes into view looking flustered and all.

"Come on marlene we don't want to spend the whole day shopping do we?"
I asked her knowing she would actually like that idea.

"You know I can" she laughed. I just laughed and started walking before...

"Seems like you guys are already friends" drake said gaining our attention.

" We're getting along well" Marlene said winking at drake. Hmm I guess they're more than just a boss and his worker. But why did she wink. I swear this people are weird and crazy but in a cool way.

" That's good you should get going I'll see you later" he said." What about the body guard" I asked remembering what he had said earlier.
"Oh he'll be there just not noticeable but he'll be there in case anything happens" drake said. " Ohh okay". " Bye" Marlene and I responded together.