Chapter six

As I came out of the room going towards the staircase I heard drake calling for me.

"Already here" I said coming down the stairs preventing myself from falling by holding the rail. I looked down to see at drake staring at me with so much intensity I became conscious of myself.

"Uhh is something wrong?? I asked when I reached the bottom of the stairs. That was when he realized he's been staring more than expected.

" Nothing," he said.

"Oh okay" I said kind of disappointed he didn't complement me.

"Well paul must be waiting for us. Let's go" he motioned for me to take the lead.

"You look beautiful by the way" I heard him say. I blushed.
Mm.

"Thank you. You look nice too" he just chuckled.

We went to the garage and there was a limo. Drake opened the door for me to get in. After I got in he followed suit.  The drive was mostly quiet.

I wanted to ask him about what he said at the mall. About me being his girlfriend. Should I? No that'd be stupid. He only said that intimidate the girl.

Don't embarrass yourself, josiiieee

I resisted the urge to do it. I just sighed and decided that my mind was right. Although I had another question too.

I turned to him while he was typing out on his phone. Yes phone. God I didn't even remember through all the preparations.

"Drake can I ask you something??" I said cautiously.
He dropped his phone and nodded." Sure".

"Why did you chose to go to the gala with me out of the blue? Like I don't even know what it's about nor do I know anybody that'll be there. So why?"

" Well I felt you needed to liven up a little bit. You know have fun and all. The gala isn't exactly fun but you get my point. And also you get to meet our parents" I thought about what he said. And Omg

" You care?". I couldn't sustain my laughter.

He looked skeptically at me " why wouldn't I. I am human after all"

"Not to everyone that is" I say after I sobered up.

" Well you're right there. I only care for those worth caring for" he says choosing his words wisely I guess.

"Awww I'm worth your care. That's nice I guess. Thank you though for today though" I smiled at him.

" Today ..??" He looked confused.

I shook the phone I bought in front of his face and chuckled.

"Ohh it's no problem at all" he chuckled as well." You needed it so I thought why not. The pleasure is mine".

I smiled" you know I don't think you're as bad as I thought" I said before I realized what I've just said to him and looked at him to see his reaction.

Ohh josie you just had to spoil the moment with your big mouth.

Shut up I didn't know.

He faked hurt by placing his hand on his chest and said" you think I'm that bad. Ouch" he laughed I awkwardly joined in relieved that he didn't pick an offense from what I said.

"Well Josie don't judge a book by its cover I'm not what or who you think I am" he said suddenly serious. I was about to respond when the limo came to a halt.

"We're here sir " we heard paul say. Drake came down and extended his hand for me to take. I held it and came out. He slide his hand around my arm as we walked towards the entrance. We walked on the red carpet as cameras were flashing around. The paparazzi were throwing questions at drake.