Chapter seven

"why are we here?" I asked ashley for the third time since we've been here about five minutes. She's just been staring at me like she's trying to figure me out or something.

"Who are you to my brother?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"What's your relationship with my brother?" I laughed waving it off quite amused at her sudden change of mood.

" Is that what this is all about? Drake and I are just friends. I haven't even thought about what you're saying right now. We've only known each other for some days and nothing intimate or that sort has happened between us."

"And what you're saying is the truth"  she asked .

"Yes it is". I said. "You don't like my brother whatsoever?" She asked again as if she didn't believe me one bit.

"No I don't" I said.

" Whyyyyy!?" She whines" uhhh.

"What?" I was taken aback. "What do you mean why"

"Well he's good-looking just like me and he's nice and caring and fun so why don't you like him?"

I don't know where she's getting to at this point.

She continued, " I just want my brother to be happy. I thought maybe he was trying with you. Well you see the last serious relationship he was ended him. He was a wreck after herrr"she sneered with a dark expression. " So I thought he decided to move on".

" I'm sorry ash but drake hasn't said or done anything that'll make me think about him that way. And he will be happy someday. Maybe I'm just not the one." I told her honestly.

" Well I guess but you're nice and beautiful. I wish you'd be my sister-in-law" I chuckled" thank you. You're a sweet girl. Come on let's get back".I slung my arm around hers an dragged her with me.

On reaching the table I noticed a woman sliding her arm down drake's hand and he was just staring at her. She was beautiful no doubt with her red lips and all. On seeing her ashley tensed up.

Drake held her hand as we reached the table. Taking my seat he noticed me and ashley.

"Who are you?" The lady asked confused giving me a disapproving look.

"Brenda this is josie, my date" drake said emphasizing the date. The girl whose name I just learned is Brenda looked like she was ready to snap anytime from now.

" What- wait Is she the reason you bailed on me?!" She asked glaring at me.

" No no I already rejected you before I decided to ask her. She has nothing to do with you"

Okay I got to admit I did feel a little bad I wasn't the reason he rejected her because it would have given me more confidence to deal with her.

"So that's it? You're going to forget about us for some cheap slut?!" She snapped. Who did she call a slut and cheap for that matter.

I stood up quickly " what did you just call me?" I felt everyone's eyes on me. I didn't care. This bitch can't talk to me anyhow she wants to.

"Please tell me who do you think you are calling me a slut. Have you looked at yourself in a mirror before. You call me a slut huh? Who had their hands all over a guy just a moment ago. At least I don't go around forcing or chasing what's not mine. " I asked her.

" What's not mine?! Who told you he wasn't mine. Because he doesn't say it doesn't mean he's not. Wait wait are you trying to say he's yours or what?" She was giving me a death glare. I was staring back at her with equal intensity.