Prologue

All the Warnings are in the description, make sure you take note of them!!

Dream leaned his head back, ignoring the immense pain from the arrows that impaled his chest.

The real pain came from inside.

He just wanted to keep everyone safe. He had planned on letting Tommy return to L'manberg. He had destroyed the rest of his stuff earlier so he could go back and act like he had nothing, when in reality, he was gonna bring him home.

Instead, he went through the portal to Logsted to see an army of people ready to kill him.

It had hurt, the attack of everyone there. His friends....his family.

But what hurt worse were the things they shouted as they attacked. Any awful thing, any insult was yelled at him.

Dream had barely managed to escape through the portal, he ran through he Smp with the people still chasing him, but he ran through unmarked territory.

No one bothered to chase him.

As he ran through the woods, he was still attacked by mobs until he eventually fell onto his back into a big open plains biome.

'This is okay. It's an okay place to die. I deserve it anyway.' He thought to himself....but death never came.

When he opened his eyes again he saw someone looking down at him.

He jumped back but instantly cried out in pain.

"Calm down." The person said, "I'm Nightmare. I'm you but your negativity. It seems to me you have an issue, no friends, no family, no home...no purpose."

Nightmare smiled, ."I'll let you live if you promise me something. You have to let me help you be the monster they say you are."

Dream looked up at the stars above, "What will you do exactly?"

"I'll make you stronger, faster, smarter. I'll be able to make the materials you need." He says, smiling at the figure below him.

Dream smiled slightly, holding out his hand, "What have I got to lose?"

He took Nightmare's hand, and he was instantly healed. He could feel Nightmare become a part of him. But he couldn't control him, no matter how hard he tried.

Nightmare was surprised at how he couldn't take over, but was instead a ghost only Dream could be in contact with. But he wasn't angry or upset.

Dream felt the strength from Nightmare come to him. He wanted to go back to the Smp immediately but Nightmare had a batter idea.

"Stay away for about a month. They'll be worried, guilty, and want you back by then. Then we'll be able to begin our plans." Nightmare said, grinning because he knew the insanity from him would effect Dream's mind.

Dream smiled, his eyes going from bright green to netherite purple as he held out his hand and a netherite axe named Nightmare appeared put of thin air into his hand.

He grinned, "Let's go set up a base then."