Chapter 3 New Members Part 2

December 24 2023 Floor 49: Mugien

"I hear someone has been taking risks with their leveling"

"You got any info?"

"Nothing worth charging your money for"

"You give info brokers a bad name"

"Hey, this wasn't in the beta test" Argo the Rat said while holding her hand out

Argo the Rat. In info broker you knew from the beta test. She was small with a brown coat on her at all times. She also had whiskers on her face. You still don't know how she got them. In the beta test, you two were good friends, and once you met each other back on floor 3, you continued that friendship.

"Tonight on Christmas eve, an event boss is gonna appear...Nicholas the Renegade. They say he will spawn under a fur tree somewhere...hey where are you going!?"

Floor 35: Forest Maze

Currently, you are walking trough a snowy forest forest on floor 35, heading towards a giant tree in the center of the maze. All the trees and the ground were covered in snow.

"Its my fault that Sachi died, if I just...left the guild alone, declined their request, Sachi would still be alive"

You heard a rumor that Nicholas The Renegade could drop a revival item. With that you could revive Sachi. You remembered that she wanted to say something before she died. Whatever she was gonna say, you would accept it...because you had something you wanted to tell her.

Before you came to the forest, you snuck out of the inn you and Kirito were staying at. You didn't want to involve him in this, it was your problem. And if you died...

Once the giant tree in the center became more visible, you began to sprint trough the snow. It became closer and closer. Once you were in a clearing, someone teleported to you, and that somebody was someone you recognized. After the blue light disappeared, showed Klein and his guild, all in their signature red and black.

You stopped in your tracks, the snow making it easy. You looked over at Klein, your H/C hair covering your eyes.

"You followed me?"

"Of course!" 

There was silence for a few seconds, then Klein spoke up again.

"Look man...I know your after the revival item...but its not worth it going in alone! C'mon team up with us! Whoever gets the last attack keeps it no hard feelings. Plus you never know, the rumor might be a whole damn lie in the first place!" Klein encouraged you

You thought about it for a moment, and went to grab your sword behind you back.

"But then...there would be no point...I have to do this...solo" You said with your lifeless voice

Klein's guild quickly went to grab their weapons from your reaction, but Klein stopped them by holding his hand out in front of them.

Klein continued to argue with you to stop and join up with them. You were on the verge of taking out your sword, but suddenly, a number of blue glows surrounded you and Klein's guild. And it was none other than the Holy Dragon Alliance. All with their silver armor, sword and shield, all ready for a fight.

You knew the Holy Dragon Alliance would do anything for a rare item, and that included a revival item. Klein knew this as well. Surprised from the teleportation, Klein's guild backed up and huddled in front of you, so they were basically "protecting" you. You prepared for a fight to the death, but Klein stepped in.