Prologue

Y/N Kirigaya is 14 years old. His twin brother, Kazuto Kirigaya has black hair and so does Y/N A/N Basically you and Kazuto look the same except you face is...your face!

Ever since they were both born on the same day, they never left each others side. If you saw either one of them, you would always see the other. They stood up for each other, shared with each other, and never had a fight once. They have such a good relationship, they have the exact same personality and interests.

They both loved to play any type of game, whether it be a board game or video game. They both loved doing kendo and were both really good at it. They both kept doing kendo until they were 7, since they both realized they were adopted and their parents died in a car accident when they were younger.

They were looking trough the office of their adopted mother and found the files for the adoption papers and their parents case. Once they found out they were adopted, they realized they weren't part of this family they were in, and that there sister, Suguha Kirigaya was also not their true sister, but rather, their cousin.

They felt like they didn't even know who there so called family even were, so they both quit kendo and stopped talking with Suguha a lot. They didn't have any friends either since they were both fairly introverted, but they at least had each other.  Their room that they both shared is where they would spend most of their time in, wasted their time away playing online games after school.

A few years later, in 2022 when they were both 14, The Nervegear was announced along with Sword Art Online, a virtual world where anyone can be anything they want. The two found it as the perfect opportunity to escape their reality they were in and were instantly intrigued. They both signed up for the beta test for the game and both got accepted.

They both loved the game so much, they sometimes skipped dinner just to play it. They were both really good at the game as well, they made it to higher floors no one else could, and got some really rare items as well. They knew that this world they were in, would be their home.

The beta test has already ended before they knew it, and it was the release day for Sword Art Online and Y/N and Kirito were in their room both reading a magazine with a SAO stream on their both their computers in the background, getting ready to log in and enter this virtual world they loved, once more.

A/N Hello people! I hope you liked the first chapter of this new book I'm writing! As you could tell, both you and Kirito are twins and will stick together throughout the entire book series! (pretty much) I'm also hoping for this book to go trough the entire anime series so that will be a fun goal! Also, Kirito will still be with Asuna if you were wondering, BUT, i will leave the rest of the girls to you ;). See you in the next chapter!