Chapter 1 Enter a New World

Both Y/N and Kazuto were both in their room, sitting in their chairs, flipping through a magazine with a SAO stream on their computers in the background.

"Can you guess what everyone is waiting in line for? Sword Art Online!" The announcer of the stream announced

While Kazuto was turning a page on his magazine, he accidently got a paper cut

"Hey you okay?" Y/N asked Kazuto

"Ya its fine" Kazuto replied

"Hey I'm off to practice now" A female voice can be heard from downstairs

Both boys turned their heads towards their room's door

"See you guys later okay?" The voice continued

Both boys didn't even bother to respond to their sister, Suguha and after a few seconds, they heard the door open and close, signaling that she left.

"The beta testers say its incredible!" A different female voice can be heard from the stream on their computer

Y/N just looked back down at his magazine and continued to flip trough the pages. Suddenly, Kazuto got up from his chair and Y/N just looked at him confused.

"Hey, its time" Kazuto said in a happy-ish manor

Y/N then looked at the clock in their room and saw it was already 12:58, and the game was supposed to open at 1:00 on the dot. Y/N then got up from his chair and grabbed his Nervegear that was on his bed rest.

"Ya, lets go" Y/N said a little excited

The both of them set up the Nervegear rig by plugging it in the wall and inserting the game. Both of then layed flat on their bed which was on either side of the room and at the top left corner of their Nervegear helmet top, they could see it was now 12:59 and it would 1:00 any second. They both turned their heads to look at each other and both smirked, knowing that it was almost time.

Feeling like it took an eternity, the clock finally changed to 1:00 and they both closed their eyes and said the magic words

"Link Start!"

You open your eyes and look around at your surroundings, you see the iconic bell tower in the center of the town that you remember dearly from the beta test. You look down at your feet and clench your fists.

"I'm back world"

You look around a bit more until someone calls your name

"Y/N!" The voice called

You turn towards where to voice was heard and you see a average height male with black hair, brown jeans, a blue shirt and a face you remember all to well from the beta test. It was your brother, Kirito.

"Hey you ready?" Kirito asked you

"Of course, but remember, we are back in SAO now so you have to call me by my player name, Kirito" You exclaimed

A/N Oh BTW for your avatar, you can be whatever you want and whatever you want to wear! (until...you know what of course ;))

"Oh right sorry i forgot, P/N(Player Name)"

"Haha, its okay, alright you remember the route right?" You asked Kirito

"You bet! C'mon let's go!" Kirito said and began to run towards a alleyway

"Hey no fair, wait up!" You yelled to Kirito, now following him.

The day before the release date of SAO, you and Kirito both discussed a plan on how you will level up quickly and get the best weapons since that's how you both would climb to the top. You discussed a route you will take to both get a really good starter weapon, a few easy quests, and a good hunting spot.