Your Name

[Raven's POV]

"Too early for this..." I muttered, rolling onto my back. I absolutely refuse to get out of bed on a day where there's no school. Besides, I always sleep in on Fridays.

After denying being aroused from my slumber, I felt two hands push me out of bed.

"Ah!?" I couldn't help but yell as I hit the floor. I grabbed my pillow quickly, ready to strike whoever had "attacked" me. The intruder held their hands up in surrender.

"Okay, okay," the one known as my older sister spoke immediately, taking a step back. "I don't know if you have anything in there and I don't want to know."

I sighed at that and put the pillow back, getting to my feet. "I do not know what you could be alluding to, April," I say innocently.

April sighed at that and shook her head in disappointment. "Rae... are you seriously doing this? You have issues." The damn girl decided to add.

"I'm sure that we're both well aware of that," I mutter under my breath. "That aside, what is your reason for waking me up?" I ask, putting a hand on my hip.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." April responded, shaking her head. "Are you not aware of what day it is?" She asked me, tilting her head.

I thought for a moment before giving a random guess. "Wednesday?" Of course, this was mere sarcasm as I was aware that it was indeed a Friday. After all, it's a day I sleep in.

April let out a frustrated sigh and ran a hand through her hair. "Rae, you know what day it is... you do this every holiday."

I shrugged at that and looked at the floor. "I know I do this every year. Do I care? Not really. I don't care for Christmas or any other holidays for that matter," I say before walking past her.

"Where are you going?" She asks me. I looked back at her before waving her off, not saying anything.

[Sumiko]

I let out a silent yawn and pulled my scarf over my mouth. I really didn't like cold weather, so it really bothered me how the temperature suddenly dropped a whole forty degrees.

I slid my hands in my jacket pockets, my left one rubbing against the notepad and pen in there. Looking back, I guess I should've informed my mom and "dad" that I was leaving.

Well, I knew exactly where I was headed anyway. And that's exactly where I was planning to stay for a while. I closed my eyes a bit as I walked.

Up until a voice called out to me. "Well, look who it is." I sighed in frustration and turned the other way, walking quickly. Not today, not today, not today.

Those words repeated in my head as I kept walking. However, I had to stop when she stepped in front of me. Please just leave me alone... even if only today.

"Hey, kid," Raven starts. I hate that she calls me that despite being the same age as I. "Don't glare at me like that. Look, i swear, I'm not gonna do a thing to you," she says, holding her hands up.

I tilted me head at that and gave her look that told her that I didn't believe her in the slightest. Raven sighed in response and looked away before speaking up again.

"Look, I don't care if you believe me or not. Wherever you're going, that's where I'm going too," she says, crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes at that, starting to wonder how we keep crossing paths.

I looked at the ground and walked around her, eyes closed. If she really won't do anything to me, then I guess she could come with me, I thought to myself.

I heard her footsteps start following me. I shivered when a cold wind blew past me. Definitely not a fan of cold weather...

"So," Raven spoke up from behind me. "Where are you headed anyways?" She asked, walking beside me now. She looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

I looked at her with a sarcastic look and rolled my eyes.

"Ah, right, you're still a mute. I bet you won't even talk for your lover or parents. Speaking of, I," yeah, no. That's where i stopped listening. And besides, she doesn't even read to my writing...

"Hey, kid," she spoke up, standing in front of me again. "Now that I think about it, I still don't know your name."