XIII. The Truth?

I think I've peaked the feeling of discomfort.

I sat on the floor of what I guessed to be Faron's room, the girl in question sitting just a few inches in front of me. I couldn't help but glance anxiously at the other psycho in the room as well.

The discomforting silence only made the situation that much more worse. None of us knew what to say, but we were all searching for something to disturb the silence.

Thankfully, Faron found it first.

"So, firstly," Faron spoke up, clearing her throat. "Did Raven really mark you," she asked, the question directed towards me. I had to tilt my head in question to show I didn't at all understand just what exactly she was asking for.

Faron sent a glare at Raven, who refused to meet her gaze. Whether it be from nervousness or denial, I'm not sure. "Raven...?" She said her name like a parent would to a child who was under suspicion.

Raven bit her lip before blowing out a sigh. "So what if I didn't mark her? Besides, she'd sooner run to me before anyone else in this stupid polygon, or whatever," she says, saying that last part in a voice so low, I almost missed it.

Faron on the other hand either didn't hear it, or she chose not to acknowledge it, or she just didn't show it.

"Raven... you're telling me that I missed out captivity of this toy because of your damn bipolar self!?" She yells, clearly annoyed.

There she goes again, calling me a toy.
Each time I hear that they refer to people like that...
I hate it.
I'm not here just to be used.

I had to bite my tongue and look away to keep from whispering something mean. On the other hand, it looks like either I'm right, or not the only one who thinks the problem child's bipolar.

But the more they talk, the more questions I have.

Faron noted my unease and sighed, shaking her head. "All I have to say about that is I'm not the only one in this 'polygon'," she says, making air quotes. "Who wants Miko to themselves."

I looked at her as she used my nickname and blew out a sigh myself. I lightly tugged on Raven's shirt, getting her attention. I asked her a question in sign language, hoping she'd relay it to Faron.

Which she did. "The kid wants to know what you mean by that," Raven tells her, tilting her head forward in a way that made her dark as night hair fall over her face. For some odd reason, I wanted to move it away so I could see her eyes.

These odd feelings I don't understand.

Faron looked back at me and nodded once. "I suppose this is a good place to start," she says, a serious look on her face. "There's a group of us referred to as the PCP. Because everyone decided to name ourselves the Problem Children Polygon," she explained with a bored look.

I had to tilt my head questioningly at that. That doesn't tell me just how many of them there are. Nor why they supposedly want me for themselves.

Faron took note of my expression who nodded towards Raven, who spoke up almost immediately. "What? You want me to tell her?" She asks, earning herself a simple nod in response.

Raven groaned in response and leaned back, looking up at the ceiling. It wasn't at all that long before she fell on her back, her limbs outstretched. Faron just looked at her expectantly.

"Su," she started with a yawn. "Despite the name of our group, it's not just us causing problems. Each of us has a 'problem'," she says with air quotes.

I looked back at Faron in response, who nodded. "It's as she says. Raven is bipolar and always ends up regretting her actions," she tells me. From the corner of my eye, I could tell that the girl in question was trying not to argue, her jaw clenched tightly.

The room was silent yet again. No one wanted to speak, but there was a silent question that hung in the air. I simply returned Faron's gaze with my own. But there was another question I wanted to know the answer to.

I lightly tugged on the edge of Raven's shirt and asked another question, moving my hands slower this time.

"Faron, the kid wants to know why exactly the group wants her so much," Raven relays, looking at the ceiling again.

Instead of answering the question like I expected, Faron simply cleared her throat and stood up, grabbing her phone off her bed. She turned the screen on and stared at it for a few seconds before blowing out a sigh.

"I'm gonna have to end it here, kid. I'm needed somewhere," she says before shoving the phone into her pocket carelessly.

Raven sat up and gave Faron a questioning look. Faron returned the gesture with a shrug, shaking her head as well at that. "They say it's urgent."

Raven groaned at that and got to her feet. I watched her silently before standing up myself.

"Don't worry. Next time I'll introduce you to one of them," Faron says as Raven leads me out of the house. Of course, it wasn't long before we were back on the sidewalk.

Raven sighed and slid her hands in her pockets. "Well, that's that," she says simply before started walking away. With all that said...

I hurried after Raven and lightly pulled at the back of her shirt. She stopped walking and turned to look at me. "I can probably guess," she says almost immediately. "You only have more questions huh?" She asks rather than says.

I hesitated a bit before nodding once.

I did indeed have questions. Ones that only seemed to be multiplying with every answer I got.

"I guess it'd be better for you to see and meet the rest of the group yourself," Raven explains. "But you can't do that without going to school," she decided to add.

Is she telling me to get even more involved with a group of mean people?