VII. It's All Uphill From Here

"I won't have to deal with it after that day."

That's what I told myself, so...

Why am I still here!?

I looked up from where my head rested on my desk. The only ones that hadn't been taken in this class were in the back of the room. I hadn't chosen the seat that was situated against the wall, but had decided on the one right beside it.

I closed my eyes and listened to the few other students who were talking amongst themselves. I wasn't paying attention to anything in particular.

Having done all my work, I could do nothing but wait for anything interesting to happen, or for class to end. All I could do was hope for the latter. Though the former isn't completely out the window.

Letting out a soundless sigh, I decided to sit up and take a look around. Of course, I didn't recognize anyone, nor did I know them.

I looked back at the clock that was mounted on the wall and bit my lip. I was sure that I'd die from boredom at this rate.

"Hey," a voice called out to me, making me look up at the speaker. I take back what I said earlier. I definitely recognize this girl. "You're that lost kid, aren't you?"

I bit my lip and looked away, remembering what Raven told me just yesterday. I didn't want any of that. And I definitely didn't want anything to do with the boy next to her.

"What, you're not gonna speak?" Faron asked me, poking my shoulder multiple times. I looked up and glared at her, hoping she'd at least back off. "You think that's gonna scare me?" She asked before shoving me out of my seat.

I reached at my desk, hoping to catch myself, but only ended pulling it down with me, right on my head. I pushed it off and sat up, holding that spot in pain.

I got to my feet, all eyes silently staring at us. There were a few hushed conversations that started from this, but no one spoke up. I bit my lip tightly before picking up the chair I was in.

Faron scoffed at the action, making light of my next move. I swung the chair at her with all my strength, but she just pushed the boy next to her in the way.

As soon as I realized this, I tried to pull the chair back, out of the momentum, but to no avail. I couldn't help but wince as the metal met with human flesh. The sound reverberating off the walls.

Even when the sound stopped, I could still hear it loud and clear. The sound of two objects hitting the floor sounded out right after. Despite no one being able to hear, two words kept repeating in my head, wanting, or rather, needing to be said.

I'm sorry.

I took a step back and looked up at Faron, who held fake shock on her face. Her eyes, however, told a different story. I looked around at the people who saw the event unfold.

"A group of us who stand above the rest of the school."

Why was that sentence coming to mind now? Between the witnesses and Faron, the majority will be believed. However, that's not the problem.

I felt myself get yanked backward painfully. I pulled out of their grasp and looked at the person who grabbed me. "What the hell were you thinking!?" A loud voice yelled into my ear.

The teacher looked back me, waiting for an answer. I reached for my notebook, but I immediately got yanked away.

"To think," Faron spoke up. "To think that the new girl is such a delinquent. We only wanted to get to know her." My eyes widened. It was times like this that I hated being unable to speak.

"Your silence says it all. You're coming with me. And you!" He says, directed at Faron. "Can you take him to the nurse?"

"Right away!" Faron replied almost immediately, picking up the other student. She helped him walk out of the classroom quickly. I bit my lip and reached for my notebook again, but got yanked back.

"You're coming with me. The rest of you! Behave!" I looked at the floor as I was pulled out of the room. My mom will believe me. I never lie to her.

(Sorry for the slow and short update. Things have been happening irl)