Forget Me Not

Glove | Danny's parents get a hold of the reality gauntlet. This is bad news for Danny and every other ghost in town.

A/N: Yup, this ought to hurt. I think there's a bit of angst in this so you have been warned. 

~~~

The reality gauntlet was destroyed, Danny blew it to pieces that day so that no one would use it ever again. He knew that if it fell in the wrong hands, it would cause chaos. Everybody would want it for their own personal gain and who knew how much worse that thing can change the world?

Now, if only the people who managed to stay somehow rebuild it weren't the ghostboy's own parents.

Jack and Maddie Fenton had read about the reality gauntlet in a ghost book written by Frederich Isak Showenhower. It had deemed useful in their experience in dealing with ghosts and provided the most realistic information about them than any other book. It was as if the author had interacted with them his whole life!

The first time they had looked at it, they were intrigued by the glove's ability to do marvellous things like breaking the rules of nature. But they also learnt how dangerous the ghostly artifact could be and were weary of searching for it, so they decided to ask someone knowledgeable.

The two adults visited Freakshow and demanded answers. Luckily, the clown didn't mind spilling additional information about the gauntlet and soon enough, they started to search for it.

At first, they were disappointed to hear that the gauntlet had been destroyed. However, they knew that if they collected the right pieces together, it might work. After looking for those missing pieces that happened to be near their home, they found a way to fix it, and that was by chanting a verse in the book. And it worked.

Today was the day they would try it, and if it worked, their town would no longer need to fear anything anymore.

~~~

The man lifted the gauntlet on his hand. They had already unlocked the pattern and gotten to know how the gems worked. And now, they were going to make life better.

"May all ghosts be banished from this world," Jack exclaimed, closing his eyes for effect. He reopened one of them and peaked over at his wife who also wore an eager look.

"So did it work?" she asked.

"I... I think so. I mean, I felt something fuzzy on my right arm," the man explained.

"Mom? Dad?" Jazz interrupted, walking down the stairs to her parent's lab. She usually didn't like bringing herself near ghostly equipment, merely because she was upset at how much damage they could do to her brother. But today, she had a gut feeling to come downstairs and see what her crazy parents were up to. Also, she thought she heard the ground crack and commotion coming from the lab. Of course, she was used to the loudness of her house, but she hoped they hadn't blown the whole place up. And luckily, that wasn't the case.

It was much worse.

"Jazz! Look what we have here!" Jack excitedly waved the object in front of his daughter, causing her eyes to grow wide.

"The reality gauntlet!-" she exclaimed but then quickly coughed, not wanting to draw attention to herself. "-is what I think it's called, right?"

"Yes, that's right, but how did you know?" Maddie asked. Jazz, however, wasn't paying attention to her parents and instead staring nervously at the artifact. How did they get it? She thought her brother destroyed it after returning things to normal, there was no use in keeping it with them after that. It was not a toy, and she knew her parents were up to no good.