Late Bloomer

Fave AU | Danny seems to be having trouble with his ghost powers during class, but what will he do when he discovers he has fangs?

A/N: I don't even know if I consider this as an AU but the concept of Danny getting fangs seems really cool to me, especially when I saw it first with Vlad and Dan. >:)) 

~~~

Danny was exhausted. He hadn't slept for what seemed to be days and looked like a dead corpse. It didn't help that he had class right now and was going to have to resist the urge to sleep, no matter how much he had the desire to.

All night he'd spent fighting pesky ghosts that just kept escaping the portal. It was currently broken and his parents were trying to figure out how the doors to the ghost zone kept opening. He really didn't care, he just hoped they'd fix it soon. But unfortunately, they kept coming.

"Woah man, what's up with your eyes?" Tucker commented, noting the dark sags draping underneath his friend's eyes. It looked like Danny was wearing eyeshadow if he didn't know any better.

"Just tired, I guess," the half-ghost answered, not up for conversation. He just had a nasty run-in with Dash this morning in the washroom. And it didn't make things better that Sam was sick, he didn't share any classes with Tucker, and he was almost late for class.

The bell rang, causing the two teens to groan. They wished their teachers would be lenient with them, but for Danny, that wasn't the case.

"Detention," Mrs. Wilson said as soon as the poor boy stepped into class. Danny mentally rolled his eyes but nodded, already used to it. The halfa took a seat beside Valerie who gave him a sad smile.

"What's your excuse this time?" she asked once their teacher had finished teaching and assigned them to some independent work.

"Nothing," Danny grinned. Valerie was about to scold the boy for his punctuality when she noticed something weird.

"Uh, Danny? Can you open your mouth again?" she asked with a startled expression.

"Huh, why?"

"Just do it," she urged and the halfa quietly complied causing Valerie to give him an open-mouthed stare. "Wow," she awed.

Danny grew conscious and abruptly closed his mouth. "What? Do I have cavities? I promise I brush my teeth twice a day, they aren't bad-"

"No, no. It just looks like you have fangs..."

Danny almost choked on the water he was drinking just now. "F-fangs?!"

"Hey nerds, keep it down," Paulina interrupted from behind them, shooting an annoyed look. Meanwhile, Valerie just rolled her eyes.

"Ignore her," Danny quietly muttered. "What do you mean by fangs? I don't have any, how's that possible?!"

"Hey, calm down. I may be imagining things, let me take another look," she comforted as Danny quickly obliged, hoping she was just messing with him. But the genuinely shocked look on her face was telling him otherwise.

"Nope, they're fangs alright. I'm telling you, they're really sharp, like, you can totally rip off someone."

"Thanks for the imagery," Danny shivered and closed his mouth again. But before he could take out his phone to check for himself, the two A-listers sitting behind them joined in the conversation.

"Danny has fangs?" Star asked, now intrigued.

"No.."

"Yup, he does. And they're 100% real," Valerie interrupted him as the boy glared at her. What was she trying to do?