When Two Bond

Second Chance | Danny decides to pay a visit to the only other halfa to exist during Christmas time.

~~~

Danny never liked the winter holidays for numerous reasons he wished to not speak of. But just last year, he promised to behave differently and try to be more positive, mainly for the sake of his friends and family.

But he wondered how it felt like to be someone who had no one to celebrate the holidays with. It would surely be lonely, yes, but would they still find happiness? Opening presents might be a problem, and a feast won't be needed for only one person. But they could surely be able to experience the same joy, no?

They'd still have a Christmas tree and might go to a restaurant where there'll be new people dining there.

They can go out to different amusement parks and fairs around the town to entertain themselves.

They can buy presents and have fun wrapping them to place under the tree, pretending they didn't know what they would be getting.

They can go caroling, get a pet, take a stroll around the park all the while admiring the holiday lights from afar.

Most would be happy with that despite being lonely. But what about the very few?

Danny sighed, looking out from the icy window. He didn't know why he was thinking about it now, but it made him uneasy. Something was definitely bothering him. And his thoughts were soon answered by his parent's conversation.

"Honey it's fine, he probably has work to finish," Maddie comforted her husband.

"I know, I know... I just wish Vladdie was here to celebrate with us tomorrow. He hasn't been able to come over in the past because he was living in Wisconsin, but he's not far away from us anymore! I could take a walk to his mansion in just 15 minutes."

"He told you he had mayoral duties, didn't he? Why would he lie to avoid visiting us? Jack, Vlad is a busy man, I'm sure that if he didn't have to work during the break, he would've come over in a heartbeat," Maddie explained as the bright smile immediately returned to her husband's face, nodding in agreement.

"You're right, Mads, maybe I am being ignorant of his responsibilities--Hey, I know! I'll make it up to him by sending some of your sweet fudge," he exclaimed, his excitement beaming as bright as a star on a Christmas tree. The man then turned to the boy who had been quiet and staring at them talk for a while. "What do you think about that, son?"

Danny smiled back. "That's a nice idea, dad, I'm sure he'll like it... I gotta go now, I have plans with Sam and Tucker today," the boy quickly grabbed his red and white jacket and fled the house. The last part was a lie. He only said it because he needed an excuse to go out without his parents tagging along. Of course, he didn't mind hanging out with them, but he was sure their caroling would drive him crazy, and his life was already crazy enough!

Danny exhaled softly, finally reaching an empty park and walk over to a dry tree to lean on. The remaining leaves were dead and the branches were the only things that lingered behind. He suddenly yelped when he felt something hit the top of his head and ducked forward, shaking off what had appeared to be only snow on his head. His hair would get into knots if it got wet and he couldn't afford that today. He was going to Tucker's dinner party tonight and he had to at least dress nicely, and that included taming his hair.

Now, he wasn't looking forward to combing the curly mess on his head, and unfortunately, there wasn't much he could do about that. But surprisingly, that wasn't what was bothering him the most right now.

The hybrid didn't know why, but he felt a bit... concerned for Vlad. He knew the man was likely going to spend another Christmas alone like he usually did every year. Plasmius was used to it by now and probably thought nothing of it. He might've also hosted a sophisticated party with rich people and had some company there, so he didn't know where the problem in that was. The man was probably enjoying himself right now, he didn't need any family or friends to keep him happy. He was able to live like that for 20 years, it wouldn't make a difference now, say, if someone paid him a visit...

DannyMay Oneshots (2020)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara