One Gift

Moon | Danny wants to go to the moon, but there's someone stopping him from doing so.

~~~

"You're too slow, cheesehead! Are you finally reaching that old man stage?" Danny teased, successfully dodging another electric blast to his right. He didn't know what was funnier; his joke or the way Plasmius puffed his cheeks in anger.

"Hilarious, Daniel. But when are you ever going to stop resolving to your childish insults? They are starting to bore me," the ghost said and this time, the pink orb made its way directly to the boy and he was thrown back at a nearby wall.

And just like that, Plasmius had the upper hand, again. He always did. The man knew every strength, every weakness he had... he practically stalked him! But he didn't need to. He could pinpoint all his struggles on the spot without a second glance.

But that didn't mean he couldn't try to do the same.

"You know what, Vlad? You could've given me a break on my birthday," the teen growled, getting up and firing back at the man who only smirked at his reply.

"Well, yes that's what I was going to do, until you spotted me and thought I came here to fight," Plasmius floated to the ground on an empty alleyway near a pizzeria, and Phantom reluctantly did the same.

"If you weren't busy scheming all the time, I wouldn't have suspected," the boy snapped as both halfas transformed back to human. Danny rolled his eyes and fought the urge to feed his enemy more insults, walking away. He really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, despite it being his birthday. And he didn't think talking to his archenemy would help either.

The billionaire was surprised at the young boy's sudden retreat, it didn't sound like him at all. The Daniel he knew would bicker some more, jab a few insults here and there, and then go onto mocking him about getting a cat, but this was different. And he wasn't leaving until the boy gave him a solid answer for his weird behaviour.

The boy raised an eyebrow when he saw his enemy following him even after he stopped talking to him, making it clear that he didn't want to continue fighting anymore; part of it being he ran out of energy. School can do a lot to a person, and he really felt like taking a nap.

'Now, if only Plasmius would stop following me like a weirdo, that would be great.' The boy turned around with an annoyed expression on his face when he realized the man didn't stop.

"What are you doing?"

Vlad didn't answer and just studied him with an unreadable expression on his face. Danny was now creeped out by the man and masked that by glaring at him one more time before turning around and walking back home.

However, he was unaware that Vlad wasn't following him to annoy him, but merely because he was curious. But the boy didn't look like he was going to cooperate with him or spit out anything so he just continued to walk behind him. He felt the teen's anger flare up but was surprised when he didn't say or do anything else.

"Look, Daniel. Whatever is happening, you can tell me-"

"That's hilarious, Vlad. But I'm perfectly fine and haven't felt better, so stop following me," Danny interrupted, fed up with the man pretending he cared. Couldn't he leave him alone and go bother someone else? Why did he always visit him at his worst times? It was starting to become annoying.

"I don't care, I won't leave until you're honest with me," Vlad firmly stated and stopped when they finally reached FentonWorks. He didn't plan on making a trip to the Fenton's until later on in the evening, just to see his 'friend' and have a chance to talk to Maddie. Also to bother the boy on his birthday, but he might have to cross that out.