Control

Heat | Vlad's first memories of being a ghost at the hospital. 

~~~

The man looked at himself in the small mirror on the white desk, gasping at what had become of him.

He was at a hospital.

He tried to recall what had happened that would explain why his eyes were glowing red, but before he could crack the case, he felt sudden excruciating pain in his chest.

He gasped for air, clenching his fists before losing control and landing abruptly on the floor with a 'thump'.

Why was no one coming for him?

He tried to hold his body together in the meantime until he figured out what to do but that only made things worse. In fact, the heat in his body just got stronger. He looked over at his abnormally hot hands and almost fainted.

There was a pink glow illuminating from them and it burned. It was really hot. Like a furious fire that just kept getting bigger and bigger.

No, this was no fire. It was worse. The hot pink turned to a blazing red and forced him to look away when his eyes started to tear up. Either from the heat or the current events.

But no matter how intense and hot it looked, his hands didn't necessarily feel like they were on fire. At least that's what he thought. He suspected this uncontrollable flame would likely burn his hands to ashes, no he was certain of the fact. However, they didn't.

He hesitantly closed his palm and gasped at how quickly the glow disappeared. It was almost like it had never been there, and if it weren't for his other hand still burning strongly, he would've believed he was dreaming.

But no, this was real. He still felt the burst of heat in his body, but it seemed to decrease, almost as if the fire was being controlled. Like he was controlling it.

He clenched his pale fists till they turned red and reopened them. Closing his eyes, he tried to remember the same feeling of that heat he felt, on the other hand, the power slowly rising to his fingertips.

He did.

This time, the pink was soothing. It reminded him of the fireplace back home where he would sit in front of during winter and read a story or two.

He took deep breaths to keep the fire from spiralling out of control again and focused on taming it to the point where he could easily bring back the power, quick as an on/off switch. It was satisfying to him, and he just couldn't stop. It felt too good, he no longer looked at himself as a helpless boy in need of help and comfort.

But upon realizing what this power meant, he began to panic.

Who- No, what was he?

~~~