Winter

(it's cold, and josh isn't coping too well. so, eddie decides to cuddle with him. well "cuddle".)

josh x eddie

-

"why the actual shit is america so cold?"

"i don't know, don't ask me i just live here."

josh made the trip from australia all the way to the us, just to visit eddie, but he didn't quite prepare for the cold.

currently the two were trying to get breakfast at a local ihop.

it was a bit of a walk just because of where eddie had parked.

"why did you park so far off, dude?"

"i'm not tryna to mess up my new car, dawg."

"i'm sure it would've been fine, but i'm not dressed for this weather."

before josh could get out another complaint eddie pulls off his outermost coat and hands it to him.

"here, pendejo. i'm not that cold."

josh quiets himself, tugging the jacket closer to his freezing body. the jacket was warm from eddie's body and was doing him justice.

"thanks, eddie."

"no problem, now let's get in that ihop. i'm starving."

"hah, yeah."

the two of them get seated and order.

they practically know eddie at that particular ihop, he went there often, narrator and gabby would accompany.

(in my world, gabby is still friends with eddie and the boys and plays with them often.)

"so, you come to this ihop often, huh?"

josh tried to small talk until the food came around.

eddie smiled, noticing that he was trying.

"yeah, actually with narrator and gab."

"oh cool."

"it's my go to spot for everything."

"that's nice...god, i'm still freezing."

eddie tried not to laugh at the shorter man.

"come sit with me, i can keep you warm until our food shows up."

josh hops up with a small smile on his face, and scoots up next to eddie on the other side of the booth.

eddie wraps his arm around him.

they sit like that for another few minutes and their food arrives.

they eat side by side in a warm silence.

-

(i'm not gonna talk about how long it's been, i don't even know how this book is still getting read, lol. thanks for all the reads, i love you all. i won't make a promise i can't keep, but hopefully i'll have other parts up within a reasonable amount of time.)