End of the day

Then all hell broke loose and Louis returned to his party life. The reason behind it was their management, what else? Louis was requested to a meeting and went unwillingly. Harry waited for him to get home and tell him what they wanted but time went by and he never showed up. When four hours had gone by since Louis left he picked up the phone to call him.
"Harreeeeh!" Louis slurred on the other line.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. Louis was drunk? At four o'clock in the afternoon? When he knew that he was waiting at home to hear what happened at the meeting? What the hell?
"Where the fuck are you? Come home now!" He growled into the phone.

Louis giggled.
"I'll be back later. I'm having fun. Byyyyye."

With that Louis hung up on him and Harry stared at the phone in disbelief. He was fuming with anger. He knew that in a couple of hours pap pictures of Louis partying would flood the Internet, just like they had been for the last month. Modest saw Louis's latest behavior as a golden opportunity to portray him as the single One Direction guy who loved to party. Harry was afraid that it would harm his husband's image, and if you looked at the pictures he was waisted on every one of them and if you looked closer you could probably figure out that he wasn't just drunk. Louis had told him that he was just drinking alcohol but Harry knew that he was lying to him and that was upsetting to say at least. He didn't recognize him anymore. He let out a deep sigh.

Louis came rumbling into their bedroom at four o'clock in the morning, waking up Harry when he pressed sloppy kisses on his cheek.
"Get off me! Where the hell have you been?" Harry growled and pushed him away.

Louis sat up in bed, swaying a little. Harry could see that he was high but it seemed like whatever drugs he had taken were wearing off.
"Out, I needed to blow off some steam." Louis answered.

Harry saw red.
"Out? Out! You're a fucking asshole! I've been worried sick. Did you ever think of that? You're turning into a drug addict! That's great Lou, fucking great!" He shouted.

Louis flinched.
"No! It's not about the drugs, it's about escaping reality because I can't fucking cope Harry! I need to get away, just for a little while."

"From me?" Harry asked in a small voice, lower lip trembling.

Louis cupped his cheek and caressed his cheekbone with his thumb.
"No love, you're the only thing that makes sense. I love you Harry and I'm sorry I'm putting you through this. I just...I don't know what to do."

"Louis, did something happen at your meeting? Talk to me." Harry pleaded.

"Yeah...I'm gonna be a dad." Louis answered with a sigh.

"What? What do you mean? They can't force you to impregnate someone. That's insane." Harry screeched.

"No, but they can make it look like I did." Louis sighed.

"There's no way in hell we're letting them do that. No. We'll fight them." Harry argued upset.

"I already signed the papers Haz." Louis answered and avoided eye contact. He looked defeated.

Harry stared at him dumbfounded.
"Why? Why the hell would you do that?"

"I did it for you, Harry." Louis answered and looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"They told me all the things they would put you through if I didn't agree and I couldn't let them do that to you so I signed the contract." Louis said and looked down at his hands.

Harry's eyes filled up with tears.
"You should have talked to me. I would never have let you do that. Louis!"

"I know that and that's why I didn't tell you before I signed." Louis answered, softly crying by now.

Harry pulled him down and hugged him tightly. He didn't know what to say. Louis had thrown himself under a bus for his sake.
"How the hell will they pull a stunt like that with a fake baby?" He asked at last.

"Oh, the baby is real, it's just not mine." Louis answered.

"You mean that they paid someone to pretend that you're the father of their baby? That's insane Lou."

"Oh yeah. A whole family actually. I have to date someone named Briana in May. Her older sister is pregnant. It's a fucking mess."

Harry was speechless. Their Management had really outdone themselves this time in the cruelest of ways.

Louis spent the next couple of days trying to get his feelings down on paper. He was angry. He was fucking furious and that showed in the things he wrote. It wasn't pretty. He decided to ask Liam to help him out. Liam wrote the first verse.

I told her that I loved her, was not sure if she heard
The roof was pretty windy and she didn't say a word
Party dyin' downstairs, had nothing left to do
Just me, her, and the moon

Louis continued with the pre-chorus and chorus.

I said, "You're on fire, babe"
Then down came the lightning on me
Love can be frightening for sure

All I know at the end of the day
Is you want what you want and you say what you say
And you follow your heart even though it'll break
Sometimes
All I know at the end of the day
Is you love who you love, there ain't no other way
If there's something I learned from a million mistakes
You're the one that I want at the end of the day
At the end of the day
You're the one that I want at the end of the day

Liam wrote the first part of the second verse and Louis finished it.

She said the night was over, I said, "It's forever"
Twenty minutes later, wound up in the hospital

The priest thinks it's the devil, my mom thinks it's the flu
But girl, it's only you

They added the pre-chorus and chorus again.

I said, "You're on fire, babe"
Then down came the lightning on me
Love can be frightening for sure

All I know at the end of the day
Is you want what you want and you say what you say
And you follow your heart even though it'll break
Sometimes
All I know at the end of the day
Is you love who you love, there ain't no other way
If there's something I learned from a million mistakes
You're the one that I want at the end of the day
(At the end of the day)

Louis wrote a bridge and then they ended the song with the chorus one last time.

When the sun goes down
I know that you and me and everything'll be alright
And when the city's sleeping
You and I can stay awake and keep on dreaming

All I know at the end of the day
Is you want what you want and you say what you say
And you follow your heart even though it'll break
Sometimes
All I know at the end of the day
Is you love who you love, there ain't no other way
If there's something I learned from a million mistakes
You're the one that I want at the end of the day
(At the end of the day, yeah)
At the end of the day
You're the one that I want at the end of the day
(At the end of the day)
You're the one that I want at the end of the day

"Are you okay?" Liam asked.

"No." Louis sighed.

"Me neither." Liam admitted.