(27)

"I guess this is it."

She grinned widely at the group sitting around the table.

Logan leaned in, kissing the side of her head.

But she turned her head at the last minute and pecked his lips.

Someone coughed.

"Guys we are still here. You're burning my virgin eyes." Mia said shielding her eyes with her hand.

"You can't be a virgin. You kept rewinding the scene when Chris Hemsworth took his shirt off." Allie reminded her kindly.

"That's different Kay? He's Chris Hemsworth. " Mia defended herself weakly.

"And what about you? You keep asking me to take my shirt off." Dennis drawled earning a dark glare from Allie.

"Now now people, all of us are sinners here. We are just sinning differently." Gloria grinned as Logan took hold of her hand under the table.

"Shall I pinpoint her sins? Because that would be-," he couldn't continue because Gloria covered his mouth and his eyes widened playfully.

She had invited all of them for a healthy turkey Christmas dinner. Ah! Christmas arrived on such a perfect day. Fit for celebration.

She was decked in an elegant number and her love was dressed to impress. A button down shirt paired with black pants. He was making it hard for her to look any other way but him.

She couldn't wait to be alone with him and get all the Christmas kisses.

A roasted turkey was waiting patiently to be cut and devoured. A different array of dishes adorned the table. A Christmas tree sitting at the corner of the room, the lights on it flashing. Gloria and Logan decorated the tree themselves . .but naturally there was more kissing than decorations really.

Pictures of her and Logan.

Pictures of Allie and Dennis.

Pictures of Mia hunged over the branches of the tree.

It was her ode to people around her right now.

Life had suddenly become perfect . To die for. Every day she woke up she send a special prayer of thanks to whomever was watching over her .

Seeing Logan smile at her and just . .hug her filled her up with the utmost happiness and now she could gloat. .gloat to the world that in the end you actually get what you believe in.

No matter what people tell you, you gotta believe on what you believe.

And not what people want you to believe on.

She was always hell bent on believing a happily ever after and she got it. After hitting a rough patch, she got it in the end.

But it's always about the end right? No one remembers the mid story. Everyone remembers the end. The storm doesn't matter. What matter is how you come out of it.

There was nothing more she could ask for.

As she looked towards the happy, smiling faces . .her heart filled up with overwhelming gratitude. What more could she ask from God? Was there anything left to ask for?

Logan laughed out loud at something Dennis said, catching Gloria's eyes.

Smiling, she looked at him. Really looked. His jaw moving . . talking with Dennis. His thumb rubbing sluggishly on the back of her hand. .

"I see how you look at him like you can't get enough of him." Allie mused. She was sitting right beside her , observing the way her friend's eyes litting up whenever she looked at Logan.