-(23)

She wasn't dressed for a party.

More like she was dressed up for a funereal.

A bloody red funereal.

Logan tried calling her and she read his texts messages .

Leaving them all on read.

I'm coming to pick you up.

3 miscalls

Gloria??

You there???

She kept staring at the screen of her cell, an impassive look on her face and then she typed the message with her blood red manicured nails.

No need. I'll be there in ten minutes

She pressed send.

And as soon as the message was read by him, he started calling her again which she didn't pick.

In fact she dumped her cell in the bag and zip it up.

Holding the strap of her bag , she glanced at her reflection in the mirror of her dressing table.

She looked like . .an old version of herself.

A watered down version.

Like an imposter.

The old Gloria always had a smile on her beautiful face, she radiated warmth . .she made sure her eyes always had that welcoming glint . .and now? There was no glint.

The girl in the mirror was staring back impassively at her.

At least she hid her dark circles well. As if nothing was wrong. As if she didn't spend the whole night curled up in fetal position. . .crying.

After all that crying. . .

Her heart felt empty, hollow.

There was something there that died down a little. Tiny currents of heaviness were going up and down her heart.

And she asked herself. .asked that if her heart was cracking around the edges. .why was she going to the party?

But deep down she knew the answer. .

And she knew why. .

Because. .

Hope.

One last hope .

May be he didn't get the chance to address that kiss. .or his feelings. May be she made him feel rushed. May be he freaked out.

Maybe.

Everything had a maybe stamped on it.

A glimmer of hope glossed up in her emareld eyes .

She was hanging by the thread of hope. She had to because there was just no way she would give up so easily on her love.

On her heart.

In the background. .

Her cell kept buzzing in the bag .

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dean Harrison was one filthy rich bastard.

As she glanced at the humongous mansion in front of her, she had to accept. It was bigger of a house than hers. The house was built right in the middle of beautiful landscape. She knew the landscape of this area. It had had the most beautiful of scenery. Green hills surrounded the house on either way. .the mansion was clearly divided into wings .