-25

Today she just wanted to feel good about herself.

Go for her safe color.

A color that felt like. .home. She was going through a storm and while stepping outside she wanted something. . something that could make her feel safe. Something she could cling to.

A color close to home.

An earthy warm coloured outfit, the ruffled skirt reaching  beyond her knees.

Her outward appearance looked like she had everything set under control but from inside she was spiralling down. She was in a vortex she couldn't get out of.

The jags in her heart were deepening everyday.

All she had was . .hope to survive on.

Every night she would cry herself to sleep hoping tomorrow that person would have washed out from her heart but . . . it was the opposite.

She wanted him more than ever.

This had to be the most difficult phase of a break up, but they were never in a relationship so was it fair to call it a breakup?, the phase where you want to throw cautions to the wind and run to him. Demand him to take you back and set everything back to normal. . .

If only she was that kind of girl. .the one who cared less about her dignity and more about her want.

The dull pain that was throbbing in her heart would go away someday because up to how many nights will she keep on crying?

There will come one night when she wouldn't cry.

That will be the night she will move on from—

She shook her head.

She so didn't want to think about him . Not today. Not right now.

Not ever .

Her friends wanted to be with her today but she didn't let them because she wanted to do it herself.

No matter how her legs shook or how wobbly she felt, she will do it herself.

They can walk the walk with her but they can't walk the walk for her.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For the first time she didn't want to be complimented in any way . She didn't have the courage to smile and be courteous . .

She wanted to get over with the day.

By keeping her head high.

Her chin up.

Spine straight.

But as usual she was complimented left and right. .she accepted it all with a small smile.

May be that was what made everyone at her school lover her even more. Since when did anyone see a rich popular girl be humble and down to earth?

Everyone portrayed the rich gal as a self obsessed ditz.

Sometimes Gloria wanted to be a ditz because then she wouldn't have to think much. .

"I love the heels!" A girl gushed , not able to take off her eyes off her heels.

"Thank you. I bought it from . . .," She trailed off as the smile on her face faltered a little. .

Her emrald eyes seeing him coming out of the corridor and as if they were binded by some unseen forced . . he looked right at her.

His walk slowing  down.

So slow , he didn't seem like moving.

Right then. .