Twelve

Chapter Twelve| Leona
👑

"Dario, I don't want to talk to you." I mumble as he drags us into what looks to be a storage cupboard.

"I do not care, you're going to talk to me." He locks the door and then turns to face me.

"Why the hell would I want to talk to you? You invite me into your hotel room and then have some other woman show up." I scoff and watch as he rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Listen to me, princess! I had no idea she was going to show up, I admit before I met you I would sleep with her whenever I was in Dubai but I promise I didn't mean to upset you. I didn't know she was going to show up uninvited." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Dario." I whisper. "I don't think this is good, you and I." Dario rubs the stubble on his face and releases a huge sigh of frustration.

"Shut up." My eyes widen at his words and I step back a little in shock. "Shut your pretty little mouth up, Leona."

Oh shit.

"Dario...."

"I want you and you want me too, baby. Don't deny your feelings and don't push me away because of one stupid mistake from yesterday." I bite my lip and look away from him.

"You are hard work." I mumble.

"You got the hard part right." I look at him in shock and my eyes trail down to see the huge bulge in his suit trousers.

"Dario!" I exclaim and he chuckles.

"Sorry, I can't help it. You look so fucking tasty right now." My face heats up at his words. He steps closer to me and I feel his fingers lightly trace my waist. "You're so beautiful." He whispers and reaches up to stroke my cheek.

He's leaning in closer.

Then his lips are on mine and my arms are wrapped around his broad shoulders. He lifts one of my legs around his waist and pushes me further into the wall as he deepens the kiss.

He pulls away and looks down at my neck frowning. "You covered it up?" He questions, talking about the huge love bite he left on there from yesterday.

"Of course I did." He rolls his eyes and sucks the pad of his thumb before reaching down to wipe the makeup from my neck. "Dario, no. I don't want people to see it, it's unprofessional." I push his hand away.

"Fine. But I want you by my side for the rest of the night. I've seen the way those men are gawking at you and don't get me started on that one I had to rip you from just now." He mutters and I snort.

I'm not going to bother telling him that Cade is gay.

"You need to stop with this possessiveness, Dario. I'm not yours." I roll my eyes and his hand trails up my chest and then his fingers are wrapping round my neck, squeezing lightly.

"I'm a very possessive man, princess." He whispers, rubbing his thumb along my bottom lip.

"Well stop." I push his arm away and turn around, brushing my dress down before exiting the storage cupboard.

As the night progresses, Dario doesn't leave my side.

His arm doesn't leave my waist for the whole night.

"I didn't know you two were together." Caroline mumbles, looking me up and down.

"We're not." I roll my eyes and unwrap Dario's arm from my waist. "Dario is just.....well you know, Dario."

"Congratulations on the business deal by the way." She smirks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I question her.

"Well Dario here said that you agreed to become business partners with him. He says you two will be very powerful, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you two come up with." She takes a sip from her glass and then walks off.

I slowly turn to face Dario.

"You've already signed those papers from that meeting yesterday?" I grit my teeth and he chuckles, scratching the back of his neck. "Dario." I say sternly.

"Why not, princess? We'd work great together." He shrugs and I run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"I hadn't made my mind up and I still haven't, so don't think I'll be putting my signature on those papers anytime soon!" I snort and grab a glass of champagne.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." He chuckles to himself so I roll my eyes.

About half an hour later I decide I'm fed up with the party and want to leave. Luckily the hotel is about a two minute walk from here so I don't have that far to walk by myself as I can't seem to find Ben anywhere.

Dario has also done a disappearing act so I see this as the best time to leave.

I make my way towards the lift, not bothering to tell Caroline that I'm leaving, not that she'd care anyway.

The two metal doors open to reveal Dario who is staring at me with raised eyebrows.

"Where you going, baby?" He questions and I step into the lift.

"Back to the hotel." I tell him.

"By yourself? I think the fuck not." He growls out, wrapping his arm back around me. "Why would you think it's smart to walk outside by yourself at this time, when you've been drinking?" He questions, looking down at me with a stern look on his handsome face.

"It's a two minute walk, Dario. I'm sure I would of been fine."

"Don't be stupid, Leona."

•••

"Thank you." I whisper to Dario as he walks me to the door of my hotel room.

"I don't want you walking around here by yourself, okay?" He lifts my head up to look up at him and I nod my head. "That's my good girl." He winks and I clench my thighs together.

"Dario." I whisper, looking up at him, feeling the tenstion between the two of us.

"Why don't we try and do yesterday again? No distractions this time." He smirks and I gulp but nod my head.

"Okay."

A/N
❤️