Twenty-Three

A/N- I'm talking about a big time jump like 2 years guys not 20 lmao, talking about hair growing out of his ears. You guys kill me💀

Chapter Twenty-Three| Leona
👑

Two years later

I step of my jet and release a deep breath. It's good to be back.

Home.

Where I belong.

"Babe?" I turn around and smile up at Cane. "You okay?" He whispers, leaning down to kiss my forehead and I nod.

"I'm great." I grin.

"Good." He smirks and we climb down the steps and walk towards the car waiting for us. "Date night tonight?" He questions me as soon as we sit in the back of the car.

The driver rolls the partition up and I look at Cane.

"Oh, I don't know. I need to go to the office and I don't know when I'll be back." I whisper and he clenches his jaw.

"You can't make anytime for me?" He furrows his eyebrows, grabbing my face lightly to make sure I maintain eye contact with him.

"Cane." I lightly laugh. "We've been travelling together for over a year, I'm sure one night without a date will be fine." He sighs but nods his head.

"So ungrateful." He huffs and I gulp, looking out the window.

"Don't worry, I'll leave a bit early, we can go on the date tonight." I say quickly and the smile returns to his face.

"Good girl." He winks and I smile gently.

Cane's driver drops me off at my office and I sigh as I look up at the tall building.

I've visited occasionally to check in on Ben. He's amazing, he was born to be a leader and has been looking after my business. He even got the pay rise he asked for.

I walk through reception and smile at Ted as he sits behind his desk. His eyes light up as he sees me walk through.

"Leona." He stands up and I smile gently. "How have you been?"

How have I been?

Not great.

"I've been fine." He smiles at my answer. "How have you and your wife been?"

"I'm taking her on a nice holiday in a couple weeks." He says in excitement and my heart warms.

"You both deserve it, enjoy." I wink and then make my way to the lift.

It arrives quickly and I step in pressing the twelfth floor. The lift takes me up and as soon as the doors open my eyes widen at all of the balloons.

"You're back!" Ben beams, rushing over to pull me into a tight hug. "Fuck, I've missed you so much! You're back for good?" I nod my head as he drags us to the office.

"I am." I smile, pulling the sleeves down of my cardigan. I take a seat on one of the leather chairs and Ben watches me, tilting his head.

"How's Cane?" His face turns in disgust as he asks the question.

He doesn't like Cane one bit.

I bite my lip. "He's okay, he's taking me on a date tonight." I nod.

"But you've only just got back from Thailand, I thought we could go for some drinks later." Ben sighs.

"Cane won't be happy if I cancel on him." I play with my hands and Ben rolls his eyes.

"I really don't know what you see in that guy." Ben scoffs and this time I furrow my eyebrows.