Four

Chapter Four| Leona
👑

Seven days.

Seven new bouquet of flowers.

Seven days of not actually seeing Dario, surprisingly.

I'm having a conversation with Daisy before we are interrupted by the lift doors opening. My eyes widen at the attractive blonde man, he walks in with confidence, unbuttoning his suit jacket.

I frown.

"Can I help you?" I push away from the desk and walk over to him.

"I'm looking for Dario, we have a meeting." He nods, looking around.

"He's the next floor up." I inform him and he nods again.

"You wouldn't mind accompanying me would you?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You can't go yourself? You managed to get here just fine." He chuckles lightly but I don't see what's funny but then I smirk. "Do you know what? Because you're such a lovely guy I will take you up."

I strut over to the lift and he follows behind me. I press the button for the thirteenth floor and give him a smile.

"I'm Christian." He puts his hand out for me to shake and I take it, smiling.

"Leona."

"Do you know Dario then?" He smiles and I tilt my head.

"I'm aware of him." The doors then open and surprise, surprise he's standing right in front of us.

His eyebrows furrow when he sees us.

"Dario." I smile but I catch him glaring at Christian. "This lovely man says he has a meeting with you, he got a bit lost." I grin, touching Christian's arm.

Dario's eyes fall to me and if looks could kill I'd be on the floor dead.

"It was lovely to meet you, Christian." I wink, stepping back into the lift.

The doors begin to close and I just catch Dario's jaw clenching.

Sometimes it nice to be petty.

•••

My office door swings open and an angry Dario comes storming in. He's ditched his suit jacket and rolled the sleeves off his dress shirt up to reveal some tattoos.

He's covered in them.

"Knocking would be nice." I roll my eyes and continue to sign papers.

"You know what I don't like, princess?" He raises his eyebrows at me and I tilt my head, sighing as he continues. "How I had to listen to that fucker go on about how 'fit' you are. I know what you did earlier was on purpose but what I want to know is why you did it?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Felt like it." He releases a deep breath and slowly closes his eyes. "He was a lovely man." I continue to push his buttons, trying to hide my smile.

"Well if you find him so lovely why don't you go on a fucking date with him then?!" He spits.

I smirk. "Maybe I will, Dario. Maybe I will." I pile all my papers together and then stand up. I make my way in front of him and pout my lips. "Will that be a problem?"

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" He growls out and I stare up at him innocently.

"I have no idea what you're going on about." I whisper and I shock myself by reaching forward to play with his tie. "Why are you so angry, Mr Tahan?"

We continue to stare at each other and I can't deny the sexual tension radiating around the room.

"If you were mine I would of had you over my knee and your arse would be red raw." He grits his teeth and I gulp. "Then I would bend you over your little desk and fuck the shit out of you." I can feel my breathing start to increase by his words.

Well shit.

"I was just being friendly." I step back but he steps forward. I take another step and find myself leaning back against my desk.

Dario stands right in front of me and reaches up to stroke my cheek.

"Shame you're not mine, isn't it, princess?" He says in a deep voice and I clench my thighs together.

"You couldn't handle me." I rest my hands on my hips and he chuckles.

His eyes look me up and down and he licks his lips. "I think it might be the other way round." He winks, resting his hands on my hips.

I can feel tingles from where his hands are placed and I can't help but begin to feel nervous because I kind of want to jump him.

"Shame you won't agree to go on a date. I'd treat you like a queen." He shrugs, taking a step back and soon he's exiting my office.

I stare at the doors in shock. I release a deep breath, my eyes still wide.

This man.

•••

Ben and I are out having drinks.

I down my fourth cocktail.

"Woah, slow down, L." Ben chuckles, looking at me in shock. "What's got you downing all this alcohol?"

"That man, Ben! That stupid man that works on the floor above us!" I exclaim and Ben smirks.

"Oh this is getting good." He chuckles in amusement. "Speak of the devil." His eyes move to someone behind me and I turn around and groan.

No, no, no!

"Hello, princess."

"What the hell are you doing here?" I blink and he smirks, taking the seat next to me.

He orders a drink and I tense.

"Jaxon's here! I'll leave you to it." Ben winks and I stare at him with wide eyes.

He wonders off and I'm stuck with Dario.

"Thanks for the invite." I furrow my eyebrows and look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean 'thanks for the invite'?"

"Ben invited me."

Oh I am going to kill that man.

A/N
❤️