Thirty-Seven

*double update, don't forget to read chapter 36 before this*

Chapter Thirty-Seven| Leona
👑

Three months later

"Baby, stop stressing." Rio laughs as he feeds Logan his breakfast.

"Yes mummy, stop stressing." Our little boy is now cancer free, the day the doctors announced the amazing news was the best day ever. Rio was in tears, knowing Logan will be able to live his life without suffering.

But now back to reality.

I give the little boy my best smile but on the inside I am absolutely shitting myself. After everything that has happened my mother doesn't even know and I've invited her over for lunch, as well as Dario inviting his parents.

Of course my mother knows about what Dario did to me two years ago, she was also aware about Cane. She also hated him. I had to explain how Dario and I are back together but what I haven't told her is how Dario and I are getting married and that we've adopted a little boy.

A little boy who is now her grandson.

She's going to be so angry that I have kept this from her but I didn't want to overwhelm Logan.

"I need to start preparing lunch." I rush out and begin to start cooking. I feel Dario, step behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Calm down, baby. Everything will be fine, I'm excited to meet your mother." He whispers against my neck and I sigh.

"Listen, my mother knows about what happened with us two years ago, it's going to take a lot for you to convince her you're not that person anymore. I mean if my father was alive you would not be seeing me the following day." I laugh lightly.

"Trust me, princess. Your mother will love me." Rio says in confidence.

•••

Dario's parents, Rachel and Dean, arrived about half an hour ago and they are lovely people. I only spoke to Rachel briefly that time at the restaurant and she was lovely then.

Logan was excited to meet his grandparents and has been glued to them ever since they arrived. They've spoilt him with more toys, luckily his bedroom is big enough to fit everything in.

Now we are just waiting for my mother to arrive, I've set the table for lunch and my hands shake with nerves. She is very overprotective of me and I just want her to see and understand how happy I am with Dario.

The doorbell goes and I give everyone a tight-lipped smile before making my way over to the front door. I open the door and straight away my mother pulls me into a tight hug.

"Oh I've missed you so much!" She whispers and I smile, wrapping my arms tightly around her small frame.

"I've missed you too, mum." I whisper and pull away.

She looks around Dario and I's home with a small smile but then she furrows her eyebrows when she sees all the Iron Man toys on the floor.

"Darling?" She gives me questioning eyes and I laugh nervously, scratching the back of my head.

"Don't freak, I wanted to tell you in person." I hold my hands up and she frowns. "Dario and I adopted a little boy three months ago. He had cancer and Dario used to visit him all the time and when we got back together I went to visit the little boy too and I fell in love straight away." My mother gasps and worry fills my body.

But that quickly disappears when a bright smile etches onto her face.

"I-I have a grandson?!" Her lip begins to tremble and I instantly feel bad about keeping it from her for this long. "Leona, why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"I was worried, with everything that's happened between Dario and I, I didn't know how you would react." She sighs.

"I admit, I was very angry with what that man did to you but I just want you to be happy and if it is with him then so be it, better than that Cane, thank God he's dead. But if Dario hurts you again I will murder him." She winks and I giggle.

"Thank you for understanding." I whisper.

"Now, you better not have anymore surprises, young lady!" She points at me and walks off. I stay where I am realising I haven't told her that Dario and I are engaged.

I walk into the dining room and grin when I see my mother already interacting with Dario's parents. She then turns to Logan as he looks up at her.

"Logan, this is your other grandma." I crouch down in front of him and stroke his growing hair.

"I have another grandma?" He beams and I nod my head. He stands up and stands in front of my mother. "I'm Logan." He smiles up at her and she crouches down in front of him.

"Hello Logan, I'm your grandma Isabella." She smiles down at him and my eyes water when Logan hugs her. It's such a lovely thing to see.

I'm so grateful for the way my life is right now.

•••

We are all sat around the table having lunch and I'm trying to figure out when is the right time to tell everyone I'm engaged. I haven't got my ring on yet because I didn't want them to find out that way.

"Your cooking is amazing, dear." Rachel praises and I nod my head, thanking her.

"We're engaged." All I hear is cutlery drop onto plates and I awkwardly look around the table. Logan is oblivious to everything and continues to eat his food.

"Engaged? Honey, I told you no more secrets! Where's the ring!" My mum and Rachel squeal in excitement and I watch as Dean pats his son on the back.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips.

"Next thing you'll tell us is that you're pregnant." My eyes widen and I frantically shake my head.

"Not yet." Dario smirks and I kick his shin under the table. "Ow!"

"Not for a while." I nod and grab my glass of wine and take a huge gulp.

"I'm open for more grandchildren." Dario's dad smirks, ruffling Logan's curly hair.

"More grandchildren!" Logan claps his hands and we all laugh.

No more children until after the wedding.

A/N
Aw so cute but the end is near lol🤣❤️