Chapter 32

Fiora blanched “You are already married?” she felt betrayed.

“No!” Rafael quickly answered “I am...engaged.” He looked away from her. “My father believes me to be married already and since I banished him he does not know the truth.”

“To whom are you engaged?” Fiora spat at him, truly angry now and unable to keep her voice level.

“...Maria.” Rafael breathed barely audible eyes trained on the floor. 

The little squawking bird that had her hands all over Rafael! “Well you two deserve each other!” Her voice was loud and distinctly angry. 

“Fiora, I’m not going to marry her.” He reached a hand towards her but she shied away. 

“It’s only a matter of time before your father finds out! You are merely a shell of a King, a fake.” Bitterness dripped off her tongue. 

Rafael said nothing still avoiding her gaze. “Oh you had hoped to marry me so you can fully become king! That’s what it is isnt it?”

“Fiora no!” Rafael brought his eyes up to hers.

“Then you would cast me aside just like your maid Sarah!” Fiora cried out.

Reaching forwards he grabbed her shoulders shaking her violently. “Fiora I’m not the type of man to spin together words of love-”

Fiora batted his hands away completely disregarding what he said “You are just as greedy and terrible as your father!” 

Rafael grabbed her chin roughly and claimed her lips. It was a punishing kiss that stole the hateful words right from her mouth. It was fevered and filled with so much need Fiora merely fought for a second.  His lips moved over hers slowly savoring each sensation.

“No” Fiora pushed him away knowing the kiss was not that of passion or love but merely for personal gain. “You will not make a fool of me again!” She screamed remembering the time he had pulled himself away from their first passionate embrace. 

“I’ve been such a fool, thinking things between us were-” She drew herself up off the bed painfully wincing at her weak legs. Fiora couldn’t continue for fear that the tears in her eyes would spill over.

“were what?” Rafael stood up as well. “What? What do you feel Fiora?” His eyes were smoldering once more. 

“I feel nothing.” Fiora’s voice cracked and she turned away from him. "I have no more emotion left for you."

“Fiora” his voice purred from behind her and she flinched painfully adoring the sound of her name on his lips. 

Forcefully he turned her to face him, his lips found hers again. She kissed him with begrudging passion a long drugging kiss. 

“Why do you fight against yourself?” Rafael breathed seductively into her ear. 

“Do you feel nothing?” He angled his head for another kiss but she found her voice once more

“You toy with me for your own amusement.”

Rafael’s eyes burned with anger and he grabbed the sides of her face with both his hands. 

“Please I don’t deserve this.” Fiora’s tears escaped then.