Chapter 11

Fiora lounged upon the large four poster bed in the center of the room. She had decided  that due to the mass amount of books in the room she would choose reading as the best way to bide her time. She paused a moment lifter her eyes up from the rather captivating book to survey the room. 

The floor and walls were crafted of cold stone that was gray with a hint of light green, as if someone had attempted to paint it. A wooden squat dresser sat next to the door, the feet of which were crafted like talons. Then the beautiful cream vanity sat on the other side of the door, with a dainty matching chair completing the set. Additionally was a small nightstand and the rather large bookshelf that also housed little trinkets. Lastly there was the oversized mirror leaning against the back wall. The room was beautiful in a simplistic way, but its beauty didn't make it feel any less like a prison. 

The room was still a mystery to Fiora, it seemed no one had lived here for many years. That being said it was clear the room was cleaned on occasion, though no one had appeared since Fiora’s imprisonment.  

A knock on the door made Fiora drop her book and spring to her feet. “Yes?” She asked nervously. 

“It’s your dinner ma’am.” The familiar voice of the sandy haired guard filtered through the door. 

“Come in.” She answered pleasantly. She had no quarrel with this man, he was under cruel Rafael’s command. Besides she had hopped to sweeten up this man in hopes he would one day help her escape. 

The click of the lock sounded through the cold room and the door swung open. In stepped the sandy haired man carrying the usual bowl of soup, bread and a goblet of wine. He calmly set the tray on the dresser and turned to leave. 

“Thank you...” Fiora trailed off “I’m sorry I don’t believe I know your name.” 

The man turned his attention towards her, he was handsome in a dreamy sort of way. Almost the complete opposite of Rafael, he was shorter than Rafael but no less muscular...maybe even more so. His eyes were a cool blue and he had a rugged sort of quality about him. 

“Erickson.” He said bending at the waist and giving her a polite bow. 

“Pleasure to meet you.” Fiora returned curtsying. 

Erickson turned leave but Fiora continued “Please wont you stay? I’ve had no one to keep me company or to talk to.” 

“I could fetch Rafael for you...” He cocked his head to the side. 

Fiora merely replied by placing her hands upon her hips. Erickson let out a soft chuckle “No?” he teased. 

“My lady I have duties to attend to, perhaps another time.” He gave her a smile and a bow. 

“Wait!” Fiora cried before he could close the door. “At least let me take a bath, or even I could make due with a pitcher of water to wash my face!” She paused searching Erickson’s face. 

He looked pensive for a moment as if something troubled him then replied “I shall see what I can do.” and with that locked the door behind him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rafael poured over paper work and documents by the flickering candle light. It was getting dark and his eyes were straining to read the fine-print. He sighed heavily and glanced up from his work, a startled grunt escaped his lips as he looked up to see Erickson. He was standing in front of his desk a serious look upon his face. 

“Erickson you startled me!” He breathed. 

“A word my lord.” He answered stiffly. 

Rafael nodded and motioned to the chair across from him. Erickson either refused or simply ignored the motion for he remained standing. 

“It is regarding the girl...” He started as if now unsure of what he was doing. 

“Fiora...” Rafael prompted “What about her?” his stomach began to twist in worry. 

“I...never knew you to be the sort of man who was cruel.” He paused glancing around. 

“Please Erickson speak to me straight. Say what you mean to say.” Rafael chewed upon his lower lip in worry and slight annoyance. 

“You are denying the girl any sort of comfort. She needs some water at least to bathe not to mention a change of diet.” He added gaining confidence. 

Rafael closed his eyes...he had not even thought of that. Everything was happening so fast around him and he had not once considered these needs. “You are right Erickson, as always.” 

“I’ll have a bath sent up immediately and as for her diet...ask what she prefers to eat and I’ll send the cook out tomorrow morning for supplies.” Hopefully these acts of kindness would gain him some sort of civil conversation. 

Erickson’s face brighten “Splendid idea. After all it is easier to catch bees with honey than vinegar.” He winked all formalities gone as if they were 10 years old again. 

Rafael laughed easing some guilt from his chest and dismissed Erickson. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Alright guys I’m going to be gone for 3 days so I will not have time to write new chapters. But once I return you’ll get a rather...interesting chapter so don’t lose faith in me! 

Anyways thank you guys so much, I know I say it a lot but I really love all the views, votes and feedback! 

See you in 3 days!

<3 Dani