Christmas Lights

Summary:

TOPH X READER - CHRISTMAS FLUFF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're finishing up some last minute Christmas Eve prep work with your girlfriend before she asks you an out of the blue question you weren't expecting. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Write, ‘to: the idiot kid who hit herself with a rock last week’.” Your girlfriend laughs.

You had been dating this woman for a little over a year now and yet it still surprised you how rude she could be sometimes.

“Toph Beifong!” You scold with a chuckle of your own. “I am not writing that, it’s mean.” 

“It’s funny.” She defends, still laughing.

“I want your kids to actually like me.” You tease with a smile.

It was your first time meeting her daughters and to add to the awkwardness of that, you would be meeting them on Christmas morning. 

Honestly, you weren’t even sure if she had told them you were coming or even that you existed.

It would be a surprise for everyone.

“Okay, fine.” She smiles back and waves a hand. “That one’s for Lin.” 

You scribble out the name and set the neatly wrapped present aside.

“So before me, who did you have helping you wrap these?” You ask her as you take another box off of the pile. 

“I’ll have you know I’m very good at wrapping presents on my own.” She says.

She crosses her arms over her police academy sweatshirt.

It had been years since she had attended the academy and how she even ran the place, yet something about wearing it always seemed to bring her some pride so she wore it often. 

You liked it when she was proud because she got this cute little smile that was just slightly smug.

“You know the phrase ‘wrapping presents like a blind man’?” You joke. “Yeah, that exists for a reason.”

“Hey.” She furrows her brows at you. “I can see just fine.”

“Feet don’t count.” You make a face at her, enjoying the fact that she can’t see it.

She catches on to what you’re going though because soon she’s shoving your face away with an open palm.

“Stop that!” She scolds, laughing once again. 

You giggle to yourself and turn your attention back to the final piece of tap for the wrapping paper.

“There.” You smile, picking up the pen. “And this one?” You ask.

“The idiot who-”

“A name?”

“You’re no fun.”

You set the pen down and turn to face her. 

“I can be very fun.” You were sitting on the ground so it was easy enough to wrap your arms around her waist and pull her into your lap for a kiss.