The True You

KUVIRA X READER - ANGST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know her.

You love her.

Yet now she knew you betrayed her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had been so careful; How had it come to this?

The way that you had gone behind Kuvira’s back to feed the Earth Kingdom Governors information about the loopholes you had built into her contracts had been kept just as much a secret from her as your relationship with her had been kept from everyone else.

Yet here you were, exposed for your treason and on your knees before her and her entire army.

“You stand accused of plotting against both me and the Earth Empire, what do you have to say in your defense?” The woman who just last night was moaning in your ear asks, now acting like she had no idea what you looked like out of uniform.

“I say, I’m not really standing.” You joke with a grin.

“More of a kneel.” 

Her boot connects decisively with the side of your face, leaving your jaw bone in a dully throbbing state.

She looked at you with no remorse.

“Do not talk back to me.” She scolds. “You were entrusted with drafting the contracts I gave to the Governors of the Earth Empire, were you not?” She leers down at you with those jade green eyes that closed oh so often when she was in your bed, melting at your touch. 

“I was.” You decide to stay formal. 

“And is it also true that while you were writing up these contracts, you were also deliberately sabotaging the Earth Empire?” 

“I wasn’t sabotaging you, I was just helping them keep control of their cities to the extent that they could still feed their people.”

“Why would they need control to do that?”

She was standing in that strong hands-behind-her-back way that you always teased her about.

“Do I not provide them with nourishment?”

It wasn’t just sex that bonded you two, it was love. 

It was a kind of love so deep and so true that you could speak without words.

A kind of love that left her breathless at the sight of you and sent her running to your arms when she needed to cry.

A kind of love that she would never have with that invertebrate of a fiance.

“Not after we leave.” You say, giving her that loving eyed soft smile look you used when you were alone; The one you used when you saw her.

Truly saw her.

Not this walled up version of her. 

This was the look you used when you heard her laugh without holding back her snort.

The look you used with her when she let her hair down and ate messily without fearing someone would see her not being perfect.