Merry Christmas, Y/N.

Summary:

KUVIRA X READER - CHRISTMAS FLUFF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After weeks of begging, you finally get your girlfriend to tell people you're together, just in time for the holidays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You only wanted one selfish thing for the holidays and that was for your girlfriend to be open about being with you. 

It wasn’t you both being girls that she had an issue with telling the world about.

It was that she had started dating you even before she broke up with her ex fiance.

She didn’t want rumors of that truth spreading through her army like a ruthless wildfire.

She loved you, she did, but only in private where it wouldn’t muddy her reputation or shine a light on the kinks in her armor that proved she was human beneath it all.

You had tried quite a few times in the past, especially this week, to force her into slipping up and though you felt a little bad about it, you still tried everything you could.

Today’s plan had started three days ago when you had overheard her enthusing about the holidays with one of her generals.

It was unusual for her to act so soft in front of them so it got you thinking - what about the holidays was it that made the true her come out?

You asked her about it point blank, not wanting to waste with beating around the bush and you had been met with a large smile and a long conversation about lights and gingerbread and mistletoe...

It was that last one that really caught your attention and she noticed how your face changed instantly. 

“Don’t.” Her smile dropped like a flash of lighting. She put on her best intimidating look but it never bothered you.

“Don’t what, Vira?” You smile innocently.

“Y/n I swear, if you even think about it I will break up with you.”

“Think about what?” 

Now, it was three days later and despite you putting mistletoes up everywhere, she had yet to actually break up with you. 

She stops dead in her tracks when she sees you in the doorway, shooting her eyes up to the doorframe.

Sure enough, you had hung a sprig of the plant above your head.

“Hm, however will you get to your big important Christmas speech on time?” You tease, arms crossed and back leaned against the frame.

“Y/N.” She growls, scowling at you. “Take that down.”

“Why don’t you just walk through?” You stand up straight with a goading smile spread wide across your face.

She isn’t in the mood for this kind of disobedience.

She raises a hand and with the decisive clench of her fist, the entire stone wall above the doorframe comes crumbling down.

You jump back just barely in time to keep it from hitting you.

“You could have hit me!” You shout.

“But I didn’t.” She was the one smiling now as she stepped over the rubble.

“Come on, Y/N, we have a speech to get to.” 

Oh yes you do.

You follow her out the doors, doing your part as the new second in command by standing at attention by her side.

You let her say what she had planned, but when it was your turn to speak your smirk already had her regretting handing you the floor.

“Thank you.” You don’t take your eyes off of her.

Honestly, you weren’t even really sure this was going to work, especially after her reaction to the doorway minutes earlier.

Yet you had to try.

“Before I speak,” You wet your lips just thinking about kissing her. “I have a gift for you.”

“Y/N.” She growls under her breath. “What are you doing?”

“You already know what I’m doing.” You reach into your pocket. 

She grabs your hand before you can pull the mistletoe out, her grip firm but not painful and looks you dead in the eyes with her emerald green leer.

“Fine.” She grumbles. 

She eyes the crowd beside you before looking back at you with a slight pink blush.

“You want them to know that we’re together?” She sounded rhetorical but you answer anyway.

“More than anything.” You hush back softly.

In one motion she both pulls your hand forward and trips you with some earth bending so that you’re dipped deeply in her arms.

You gasp at the sudden movement and blush up at her beautiful face.

“Vira…” You breathe, holding your free hand against her warm cheek.

“Merry Christmas, Y/N.” She smiles softly before leaning in and kissing you deeply.