°06°

╰┈─➤ 『 06

╰┈─➤ 『 06. bomb

"detective seokjin my name, hello." said man introduced himself to the criminals, who just nodded. "did you just tell them your name?" namjoon asked wide-eyed.

"yes. what about it?"

"nothing. you can do whatever you want." taehyung butted in and handed both his colleagues a file. namjoon blinked slightly and shrugged, looking at the criminals. "i'm detective namjoon."

taehyung rolled his eyes. "seokjin." he started and pointed at jimin. "you'll go with park. i know you're able to handle him."

seokjin hummed, sending jimin a small smile. much to his surprise - the criminal smiled back widely.

taehyung glanced at namjoon. "you go with min." he said and his partner nodded. "why can't i go with jeon?" he whispered. "he seems like the nicest one."

his partner furrowed his brows. "trust me; he's not. he was able to get out of the handcuffs and i am very sure you wouldn't appreciate a mafia boss all of the sudden standing behind you without any type of-"

"yeah no, i will go with min. he's good too." he breathed out quietly and taehyung grinned slightly. "go on then."

namjoon sent him a sarcastic smile, walking up to the former hitman with cautious steps. meanwhile, taehyung grabbed jungkook's file into his hand and shortly glanced at the man, whose smug smirk didn't fade even once.

the detective rolled his eyes. "alright. you know what you have to do. if you find out anything new, tell me." he said directed at namjoon and seokjin, who just nodded their heads, before grabbing the criminals to drag them outside.

"alright then, jeon." taehyung muttered. "ready to go?" he asked and jungkook stood up from his seat, handing the other his already opened handcuffs. "definitely."

---

silence engulfed the two men as taehyung drove them to jungkook's house. neither of them knowing what to say.

the onyx haired man had his hand on the steering wheel, sharply turning the car. jungkook sat on the passengers seat, hand against his chin as his gaze was focused on the many people walking along the crowded streets.

and just then the walkie talkie inside the car turned on. "detective kim, car 4, are you available right now?"

taehyung pressed onto one of the buttons. "detective kim here. yes, i'm available. what's the problem?" he spoke, while driving past the many cars. "new murder case in gangnam near the daemason station."

"got it. will be heading there." he replied and all of the sudden turned the car around sharply. jungkook held onto his seat for a second, letting out a laugh of disbelief - but also excitement. "change of plans, jeon. you're gonna start your new job now."

"gladly." the mafia boss grinned, making himself more comfortable again. "can't wait."

taehyung rolled his eyes at him once again, driving towards towards the location of the murder. "jeon." he said and jungkook hummed, turning to look at him with expecting eyes. "if you even think about trying to escape-"

"oh, please. i'm starting to enjoy this."

"of course you are." the detective murmured, finally stopping the car and nodding at jungkook to get out. seokjin and jimin already stood there, waiting for them.

taehyung eyed jimin with a sharp glare, slowly pulling his colleague beside him. "where's namjoon?" he asked quietly. "he isn't coming. said he'll go to min's house and all. he wants us to inform him about anything new."

"okay." the other nodded and leaned down a bit to get through the barrier tape; the other three following him. "chanyeol!" he called out and the forensic scientist rushed up to him, eyes widening just the slightest at the sight of jimin and jungkook. "the victim's name is caroline smith. she was an exchange student from the usa. age 18. killed the exact same way as lee hyujin."

taehyung furrowed his brows at him. "18?" he mumbled. "the killer never murdered someone younger than 25 before."

"that's the thing. he's changing his motive again. it doesn't fit." chanyeol nodded. "and it's the middle of the day. he never murdered his victims in bright daylight before."

taehyung hummed and was about to step forward, only to feel a strong arm wrap around him from behind. he snapped his head around to meet jungkook's dark gaze. "let go off me, jeon." he growled.

the mafia boss stayed silent, focusing on the victim laying in the alley, while the detective tried to get out of the man's hold. "run." he then breathed out and dragged taehyung away, who was as confused as never before. the other people working on the case followed them with loud yells leaving them.

and just then a bomb went off.

everyone fell to the ground, holding their ears, while jungkook was hovering over taehyung - protecting him. the detective stared wide-eyed at the criminal, chest heaving up and down harshly.

taehyung swallowed heavily; the dark smoke engulfing them whole and he coughed slightly. "are you okay, detective kim?" he heard a mocking voice mutter into his ear.

"get off me, jeon."

jungkook grinned slightly and jumped to his feet, fixing his clothes again and extending a hand for taehyung to take, who scowled a bit. nonetheless he gave in and let the mafia boss pull him up again. "seokjin! chanyeol!" he then called loudly.

"taehyung!"

the detective closed his eyes shut in frustration for a second and jungkook chuckled into his ear from behind. "detective kim taehyung. beautiful name you have there."

"oh, fuck off." he muttered, making his way through the thick cloud of smoke with the mafia boss trailing behind him. they could faintly see a figure in the distance, limping. "taehyung!"

quickening his steps, said man narrowed his eyes a bit to recognize the other. realization ever so slowly began to hit him and he stopped completely, feeling jungkook bumping into him from behind. "why are you-"

"it's namjoon." taehyung whispered more to himself than to the man behind him. "why is namjoon here?"