°07°

╰┈─➤ 『 07

╰┈─➤ 『 07. checking up on my ex

taehyung was almost never confused. it was as if he was gifted with the ability to always know what was going on. but now— it seemed as if this ability was never there in the first place.

seeing namjoon in the middle of the street, where a bomb just went off wasn't the thing that made him feel like this.

it was the fact, that his partner said he wouldn't come to the crime scene, because he wanted to go to yoongi's house. so why was namjoon here now?

"taehyung!" his voice yelled again and said male snapped out of his thoughts, throwing away all his doubts and whatsoever to rush towards his partner. "thank god, you're alive." namjoon said and threw his arms around him.

the other stood frozen in his place. he wasn't really used to receiving affection.

awkwardly patting namjoon's back, taehyung cleared his throat. "are you hurt? you're limping." he instead said in his usual cold voice and the other nodded. "yeah, but it'll be fine. where are the others?"

furrowing his brows a bit, taehyung shook his head. "no, the question is— where is min?" he asked in a slightly threatening voice. namjoon laughed nervously. "about that. . ."

"namjoon. where?" taehyung repeated and shortly glanced to the side, when jungkook stopped next to him and folded his muscles arms over his chest. he rolled his eyes at the criminal, focusing back onto his partner. "he. . .um. . .kind of escaped?"

taehyung clenched his jaw, closing his eyes shut to take a deep breath. "he what?" he growled out. "listen— we went to his house and all, okay? b-but then he all of the sudden attacked me a-and. . .why do you think i'm limping?" namjoon then snapped. "he did this to me! and i drove here to tell you about it only to see everything explode."

"you've got to be kidding me." taehyung muttered and turned around to run up to his car— which luckily didn't carry any damages except for a few scratches. he jumped inside, grabbing the walkie talkie. "detective kim, car 4, emergency." he spoke.

"what's the emergency, detective kim?" a woman asked professionally.

"min yoongi escaped. we need reinforcement. check the whole city and send some to the airports, he might try to leave the country." he demanded.

meanwhile, namjoon hesitantly glanced up at jungkook.

the mafia boss grinned, winking at the detective. "he didn't escape, by the way." jungkook then simply said and turned around to walk to taehyung's car. "what?" namjoon breathed out. "jeon. what are you talking about?"

a sigh left the man, scanning namjoon up and down mockingly.

"trust me, detective. the shorty is currently just doing his job." jungkook said and couldn't help the victorious glint in his eyes, when he noticed namjoon's confusion.

taehyung slammed his hand against the steering wheel in anger. "fuck!" he yelled out, before leaning back against his seat. "having some anger issues again? maybe you should finally try out some therapies." a voice said then.

he snapped his head towards jimin and scowled. "what the fuck do you want now, park?"

jimin smirked and daringly leaned down to let his lips ghost over taehyung's ear. "just checking up on my ex, why?"

the detective growled again and pushed the criminal off him. "where's seokjin?" he then asked as he fixed his suit around his wrists, seeing namjoon and jungkook walking up to them as well.

"i don't know. somewhere."

"everything good here?" namjoon butted in. his voice was uncertain; not knowing if he he should talk now that he had failed to keep yoongi in place and let him escape. "everything is perfectly fine." taehyung scowled.

jimin smiled teasingly as he leaned against the car. he let his gaze wander over the small group of men, catching taehyung's dark glare. the criminal tilted his head.

"taehyung, namjoon! there you are!" seokjin coughed slightly and chanyeol walked behind him, shaking terribly. "we have to leave now, otherwise we might get a smoke inhalation. the others are already on their way back and the corpse obviously exploded. we'll send someone here to clean this area and till then we'll close off the whole street."

namjoon nodded and turned his head to look at taehyung, who was still absently staring at jimin. "hey, taehyung." he nudged him in the ribs and the other snapped out of his thoughts, humming. "did you listen to what seokjin just said?"

"of course i did." he scoffed and combed a hand through his onyx hair. "we'll continue with the pervious plan. seokjin you'll go with park and I'll go with jeon. namjoon. . .i called for reinforcement, so you'll help them with finding min. he's going back to fucking prison."

seokjin widened his eyes. "are you sure?" he asked. "you've said it yourself; he's a hitman. he could be way too helpful to just send him back to prison."

namjoon nodded. "he's right, taehyung."

said detective threw his head back in annoyance, only to feel an arm wrap itself around his shoulders. "yeah, he's right, detective kim." jungkook grinned.

pushing the mafia boss off him, taehyung pierced his dark eyes through jimin's figure. "do you have something to say as well, park?" he snapped and jimin chuckled. "i think i've said enough today, don't you think, taehyungie?" he sweetly blinked his lashes at him.

confusion was clearly visible in the faces of the others and taehyung pushed the boy off his car, before harshly grabbing jungkook by his shoulder to lead him to the other side of the vehicle. he pushed him onto the passenger seat roughly. "we're leaving." he said darkly and nodded at his colleagues one last time.

he locked gazes with a still smiling jimin and scowled, getting inside the car as well and throwing the door shut behind him.

———

lmao bet you didn't expect that-