°03°

╰┈─➤ 『 03

╰┈─➤ 『 03. first day out of prison

"detective kim."

taehyung turned his head to look at the guard and hummed. "you have to be careful around them. they are sick."

"oh, i know that." the male chuckled coldly and grabbed his gun out of the man's hand again. "thank you for your time. . ." he glanced at his name tag. ". .hajoon, but i have work to do now."

he didn't wait for an answer and strolled back to the black car, where his partner and the three criminals were already waiting for him. the man opened the door and got inside, about to close it again, when he heard the guard once again. "detective kim!"

"oh, for fucks sake." taehyung muttered lowly and got out of the vehicle, while hajoon ran up to him.

"you forgot to take these with you." he panted, holding out the three files for taehyung to take. scoffing, the detective raised a brow at him. "are you joking?" he grinned sarcastically.

"um. . .no?" the guard said, making the detective roll his eyes in annoyance. "i have copies of them. as if i'd forget something like that."

rubbing the back of his head nervously, the guard nodded. "got it. oh and-"

"what now?" taehyung groaned, opening the door again - the other men being able to hear their conversation now. he pushed his gun back into his belt and turned to look at hajoon. "are you going to talk now or not? like i said, i have work to do."

"yes, yes, i know! i was just wondering. . .why did you take them with you? and why jeon, park and min? is it-"

scoffing in amusement and disbelief, taehyung got into the car and closed the door shut. "you could have answered him." namjoon said from beside him, as he read over the files in his hands.

"how long have you been working as a detective now?" taehyung asked and turned on the engine of the car. "around 5 years, why?"

"then you must know that every case is confidential information, till our boss tells us otherwise."

namjoon cleared his throat awkwardly and leaned his head back down to look at the files. the three criminals sat behind them, all of them squished next to each other with handcuffs around their wrists and prison uniforms on their figures.

taehyung grinned a bit at his partner's reaction and drove through the gate of the prison. "so, we're gonna get you all freshend up first. you look like shit. then, we're gonna make sure you understand your part in this, 'kay? and after that, we'll decide where you're going to stay." he announced and three men behind him just nodded.

at that namjoon furrowed his brows. "wait. . .where are they going to stay though?"

"i'll find something." the other shrugged carelessly. "and if not, they'll sleep in this prison and i'll make someone drive them to the police station every damn day, if i have to."

jimin rolled his eyes from behind him, sitting in the middle of the criminals, who were both manspreading their legs — leaving him squished in between them. "wow. you seem to have a great plan, kim."

"i do, but i didn't make myself the effort to care for the unimportant things, park." the detective replied and stopped the car at a red light. "give me my phone." he demanded and held out his hand for namjoon, while staring at the crowded street ahead of them. "you could have said plea-"

"now."

namjoon huffed, but nonetheless gave in and gave taehyung what he asked for. "you do know you're not allowed to be on the phone while driving, right?"

"who the fuck cares? i'm not gonna get us killed here." the man replied and pushed on the gas, once the light turned green again. "you know what? you're gonna call him."

"who?"

"seokjin." taehyung replied, hand placing itself on the gear shift and speeding up once more. "you're driving way too fast!" his partner exclaimed, holding onto his seat, which made taehyung bite back his smug laugh.

meanwhile, the criminals in the back found themselves observing the two detectives curiously, who seemed to be oh so different from each other. while jimin scanned over every single detail — the way taehyung loosened his hold on the steering wheel as soon as he sped up, growing more reckless with every second to the way namjoon dug his fingers into the material of the seat to not throw up from the intense speed of the car, yoongi noticed how hard it would be for another hitman to shoot one of them; simply because taehyung was driving too fast.

and jungkook?

jungkook was smirking, rubbing over his chin in thought. he noticed potential when he saw it. and taehyung definitely had some of it.

he wasn't the typical detective; he knew how to act and how to solve a case - he was perfect for the job.

"you just passed a red light." namjoon's voice managed to croak out with a pale face.

"bummer." taehyung replied and took a sharp turn; the others almost getting thrown around the car. "i told you to call seokjin, didn't i?"

hastily dialing said man's number, namjoon swallowed a bit. he put the phone on speaker, the ringing filling everyone's ears and the driving detective stopped the car in front of the police station.

"kim on the phone. hello?"

"seokjin, it's me." taehyung rasped out and they heard the other hum on the other side. "we're currently in the car in front of the police station. is everything ready?"

"it must be. jennie came to me a few minutes ago and asked when you'll arrive, so. . .guess it is."

taehyung clicked his tongue in approval.
"kay, thanks." he nodded at namjoon, who hang up the call. turning his head to look at the criminals, taehyung glared at them sharply. "as soon as we're inside — one wrong move and you're back in prison."