°11°

╰┈─➤ 『 11

╰┈─➤ 『 11. secrets and lies  』

seokjin's gaze remained on the stack of papers in front of him, rubbing his temples in thought as he read jimin's file. 

abused and sexually assaulted by his mother till he moved in with his now ex-boyfriend. there was no name though, which made seokjin furrow his brows in confusion. his dark locks fell into his concentrated eyes, the dim light in the room driving him deeper into the state of exhaustion.

he focused back onto the file.

jimin was forced into subtance use by his friends at sixteen and became addicted very quickly after that. his ex most likely helped him with that as well.

but who was jimin's ex boyfriend?

"what are you doing?"

the detective jumped at the sudden sickening sweet voice beside his ear, turning his head to meet the criminal's mocking eyes, "reading your file," was all he replied and jimin tilted his head a bit, fingers moving up seokjin's arms up to his shoulders, "what does it say, detective? how i killed evey single on of my victims?" he hummed almost...seductively.

the other ignored the tone of his voice, sending him a cold smile, "hands off, park."

jimin grinned, "as you wish, detective," he purred, sitting down on the edge of the table and swinging his legs back and forth childishly with a soft melody stumbling past his lips. his gaze flickered to the file in front of seokjin and stopped what he was doing. 

the detective lifted his gaze at the silence and eyed the criminal  almost worriedly, "park, are you feeling okay?" he asked. jimin's stare was locked on the photos of his victims, starting to giggle, "i am perfectly fine, detective," he answered cutely, "so, why are you reading this? you can just ask me and i'll tell you all my secrets."

seokjin chuckled, "you most likely wouldn't tell me everything, but i do have a question."

"oh, but of course, tell me!"

the detective leaned forward as if he was telling jimin a secret, watching how the criminal copied his action mockingly, "who have you been with, that managed to save you so many times? your mother, your friends and addiction-"

jimin laughed.

seokjin blinked a bit startled, "what's so funny, park?"

"that's what the file says? he saved me?" a frown took place on the other's features, nodding, "yes, it's written here clearly. are you saying it's not true? what did he do then, if not save you?"

"detective," jimin purred again, sickening smile on his plump lips as he lifted his hand and let his soft fingers caress seokjin's cheek, "aren't you all the same, hm?" the pad of his finger wandered up to run it over the scar on the man's forehead, giggling.

seokjin furrowed his brows, grabbing onto jimin's wrist to stop him from touching him. the criminal blinked his full lashes at him, before his gaze snapped down to the harsh grip on him. his smile widened, "he used to hold me like this too!"

slowly letting go, seokjin tilted his head, "your ex-boyfriend," he started and a curious glint took over jimin's eyes as he let it wander over the man's features. he had pretty eyes. he loved pretty eyes. "how did he treat you, park? was he a good man?"

"define good," the other mumbled, fingers already moving back up to caress seokjin's skin, "you have such a pretty face, detective!" he exclaimed with a squeal and seokjin had to hold himself back from shoving the criminal away from him. he needed the information about his ex.

"did he abuse you?"

jimin stilled.

"did he make it seem like he saved you? getting you out of your mother's house, making everyone think you're finally free only to do the same thing later?" he pushed even further and winced the second he felt the criminals fingers dig into his skin around his chin. jimin leaned closer, smile long gone as he stared down at him, "he would have never even thought about doing that to me."

the other man nodded, taking an almost gentle hold on jimin's wrist and pushing it down, "if he didn't abuse you, why are you saying he didn't save you? what did he do to you, that makes you dislike him so much? what did he do to you?"

"do you still like your ex-partners, detective?" the sudden question made seokjin blink and he cleared his throat shortly, hesitating, "no, but my ex-partner and me didn't part in good ways."

jimin hummed, "then why are you asking why i dislike my ex? we didn't part in good ways either," he replied, the smile back on his face. seokjin nodded, brows still drawn together. he felt the criminal's fingers on his face not long after again, thumb caressing the spot between his eyebrows, "you will get wrinkles, if you keep doing that."

legs swinging back and forth, jimin started humming a sweet melody again. seokjin moved his gaze to the file, reading over the lines with the poor information about the other's ex. he wasn't a good man to jimin, that was obvious. something in this file was wrong. something was missing.

someone didn't want this information to ever reach the surface. a hand combed through his hair, "it's so soft!" jimin's giggle filled his ears and he turned to look at him again, catching the criminal's curious and fascinated gaze. "i think we got a problem, park," he muttered.

tilting his head, jimin jumped off the table and moved to sit on the detective's lap. seokjin froze for a second, before clearing his throat like before, "get off," he demanded and the criminal giggled, "why? it's more comfy than the table."

"park," the detective said again, a clear indicator of him being serious in his voice. jimin rolled his eyes, before getting off and sitting back on the table, "boring. so what's the problem?"

seokjin ran a hand over his face in exhaustion, "i think someone sabotaged your file."

there was silence in the room after his words, jimin's eyes staring at him with no emotion as he tilted his head, "there's stuff missing, that i think is rather important to know," the dark haired detective muttered. "you're really trying to get to know me, hm?" jimin then laughed sweetly, "fighting for justice on top of that too. how attractive."

seokjin didn't reply, simply reading the file over and over again and noticing the obviously missing parts even more. "all of this doesn't add up," he whispered to himself, feeling the criminal's lips against his ear, "he always loved messing with people's heads."