Chapter 28

aight so I popped my little head back in here to do some writing and I had so many notifs and I literally couldn't respond to them all. this is boring to u guys but this book just hit 32K!UHDWuDFNJDFfah!!! 

(lol we got 8K more since I wrote that)

so im leaving this here to come back to and see how much its grown later. im sorry if I can't respond to everyone but I literally love every one of u guys you're all so sweet wth. people are like picking up on my hints way before they know how the story goes and its so cool and so rewarding as a writer. im literally so excited for the next parts of the story they are so intense and will be so much fun to write and I hope u guys have fun reading them wherever in the world u are ❤️ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxxTBYhBvPc

ROCCO

On impact with Oscar's foot, the ball flew into the air, arching above our heads to the other side of the field towards the Reindeer. 

At once, the field explodes into action, the Reindeer running beneath the ball. It thumped into the arms of a tall Reindeer down the other end of the field, who then began to sprint towards us. We ran towards them as well, dodging Reindeers or getting tackled as we fought to get towards the ball. Rio, quick and strong, managed to get to the guy with the ball and tackle him, just as he threw the ball over our heads to a Reindeer on the other side, who caught it and ran. A Reindeer shoved hard past me, and I ran behind him, hot on his heels. Tall Tom ran beside the Reindeer with the ball, then braced himself and tackled the guy off the field. 

The game continued in our favour, but barely. We made up for what we lacked in brute strength and violence with training, implementing moves we had practiced over and over until they were automatic. 

However, one Reindeer managed to slip past our ranks to score a touchdown, leaving us frustrated and dejected. We huddled on the field. 

"Ok, so they got one." I said, glaring out the circle of players. "Do we give a shit? No. Cos we know we're better. Relax, keep your eyes open, and stay light. Got it?"

The guys let out a cheer, and jogged back onto the field. The game started again, moving much faster now. 

I saw Wilson streaking past me with the ball, long legs covering the distance speedily, and ran wide so he could pass it to me. Icy rain was beginning to fall from the grey skies above. I could hear the sound of my own panting breath.

Someone grabbed on to Wilson's shirt, tugging him backwards, but not before he looked up, stretched his arm back, and hurled the ball over across the field to me. 

It slammed down into my arms as I ran, pounding my feet harder and harder against the muddying grass. A Reindeer loomed in front of me, arms outstretched, but I darted away and kept running, hearing the sound of thudding feet right behind me. I could see the goal line growing closer and closer, felt hands grabbing at my back, and leapt - 

and collided with the ground on the other side of the goal line, rolling to a stop with the ball clutched in my arms. 

The guys were hollering and cheering, a whistle was blowing, and someone was slapping my helmet as I stood up. 

"Yeah boys! Rocco, you son of a bitch!" Oscar was yelling. A grin split my face. 

The next part of the game was tough. The Reindeers were desperate and angry, pushing themselves and us back again and again. 

We were tied now, with very little time to go. I looked around and saw grim and muddy players, waiting on me to say something. I looked around until I spotted Oscar, and gave him a pointed nod.