Chapter 29

are any of you attracted to jax and rocco, be honest 👀

also how did u guys find this book? did any of you find it through mentions on other platforms, like tiktok?

sorry it's short, putting it out cos i kept u guys waiting too long x

JAX

The end of Denver's cigarette glowed red in the darkness as he put it to his lips and his cheeks hollowed. 

We each sat on our own beds, me on my front, arms crossed in front of me, resting my head on them while I watched him smoke. 

He sat up, leaning back against the headboard, one leg bent, an arm resting on it, and other leg stretched out in front. 

His glinting eyes flicked to mine, took in my stare. His cheeks darkened. He swallowed. 

"Hey Wilson, " He began, addressing the wall across from him. 

"Mm. " I answered. 

"Can I call you - can I call you Jax?"

I clenched my jaw to stop my grin. "No... But you can call me babe. " 

He grinned at me, white teeth flashing in the darkness. "Ok, Jax. "

I wasn't cold at all, but I shivered. 

We were silent again. 

"Rocco, " I said into the dark room, where his bare chest was becoming increasing shadowy as it turned to night. 

He paused, then "Yeah, " he said, breathing out a mouthful of smoke. 

"Why did you go over there. "

He laughed. "I can't think when you're so close."

"Good." I said. 

I thought for a moment. "Rocco, " I said again. 

"What."

"Why did you join the Wolverines?" 

He was quiet for a long time, then sucked on his cigarette again. "Same reason."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't think when you're so close. "

I stared out into the rain, which fell and fell and fell. "You joined to push me away. "

"Yep. I guess - I started having these feelings about you. Things that no guy should feel for another another guy. 

So. You had to go. Or I had to. "

I pressed my lips together. "What about my... feelings."

Rocco stared at the cigarette in his hand. "Well... I thought that if you knew how I felt about you, it would push you away anyway."

We listened to the sound of thunder crackling overhead. I cleared my throat. "I guess it would have." 

Rocco turned suddenly and stared at me. "Hey, what happened to your neck? A few weeks ago? Why did you wear only high-necked stuff?"

I stiffened, lifting my head up off my arms. "What? When?" I said, fighting to keep my voice neutral. 

Rocco turned back to the front. "Don't bullshit me about this. Just answer honestly. What happened?"

I swallowed, feeling a burn behind my eyes, breathing in slowly, trying to think ahead of the pros and cons of telling him.

"Jax?" His voice came softer. I'd do anything to keep him talking to me like that.