6- A Very Late New Year's Special

If any of the characters in this one-shot get hate comments I will be deleting them. You know which specific character I'm talking about...

3rd POV

The jingle of keys was heard through the quiet house that had been left still for the past hours. But soon came in the loud chaos that was Y/n into the quiet house she called home. She held multiple bags in her arms as she held the house keys in one hand and a warm drink from her favorite coffee shop in the other. Her teeth were chattering a little from the cold winter that was outside the warm building.

Walking inside her house the clicking of her heels was heard, that was until she kicked them off and cursed under her breath. "Remind me again why I decided to wear heels...my feet are killing me." Complaining she headed to the kitchen. Lifting her hand she turned on the kitchen lights and placed down her drink and keys on the kitchen island. Then removed all the bags from her arms. Placing them on the island her arms felt freed from the weight of the bags.

Sounds of the door being shut and locked followed in after Y/n. The sound of other shoes hitting against the floor was heading to the kitchen. In walked Mikasa who held a pair of slippers in one hand and bags in his other. Getting to the island he put the bags with the others and then went over to Y/n. Lowering himself down he placed the slippers in front of her so she could slip them on.

"You said the heels would look better with your outfit than your other shoes." Mikasa answered Y/n's question from a few minutes ago. Lifting himself he looked at Y/n and gently smiled at her. The girl pouted and stepped into the slippers. "And that was a mistake. Sure the heels look great but my god I don't understand how other women do it!" Puffing her cheeks she turned around and grabbed her drink, taking a sip of it, and placed it back down.

Mikasa laughed a little and put his hand on her shoulder. "It's okay. Do you want to get started in wrapping the presents?" Asking her he saw her nod her head, "I'll go get the wrapping paper and you can take the presents out of the bags." Telling her he moved closer to Y/n and kissed her cheek before walking off to get the wrapping paper in the storage room.

-

  Y/n passed the last wrapped gift to Mikasa for him to write down the name for who the gift was for. She knew if she was to write the names it would be unreadable. Even though she wrote in a journal often her handwriting was still sloppy. Mikasa tried to help Y/n get better at writing but it never worked. Y/n was just born with doctors handwriting. (Thanks to Grisha)

"Finished," Mikasa said under his breath. He put the present with the others, under the tree they were gifted with by Carla. Earlier the December month Carla had come over to give them a real tree she had brought. It was during the days Mikasa and Y/n decorated their house.

The house they owned was the nicest house out of all their friends. It was kept clean thanks to Mikasa and decorated nicely...thanks to Mikasa. And because they had a nice house all of their friends would be coming over for the New Years'. They all celebrated the holidays with their families and now celebrating the year to come with their friends. Meaning they would have multiple people coming to their house to party the New Years'.

—Yawning into the back of her hand Y/n leaned into Mikasa's shoulder and closed her eyes. "Let's go to bed. We can clean up in the morning." Telling Mikasa she felt him get up. "There's not much to clean up. I can clean and you can go ahead and get ready for bed. I'll meet you there in a few minutes." Y/n nodded her head and got up from where she was sitting. Patting her boyfriend's shoulder she walked towards the stairs.