12- M!Mikasa x Tomboy Reader

@JackManaoat6

.I'LL BE HAPPY TO WAIT.

3rd POV

  Tapping his foot on the floor he checked the time on his wristwatch. It was an hour after school and Mikasa was still on school grounds waiting for Y/n.

The two of them always walked home together from school for as long as Mikasa could remember. And today was the first time Mikasa has waited this long for Y/n. She always gets out of school the moment the last bell rings, running out as quickly as possible. So he was wondering what was keeping Y/n inside the school when she dreaded it so much.

Checking the time again he pulled out his phone and went to call Y/n. But at that exact moment, Y/n walked out of the school building dragging her backpack behind her. Seeing her, Mikasa places his phone back in his pocket and trotted over to her. A warm feeling forming in his cheeks as he got closer.

When he got next to her Mikasa noticed the aura she had around her. "What's wrong?" He asked her while placing his hand on her shoulder.

A heavy sigh escaped her and Y/n glanced up at Mikasa. "I got a week of detention starting tomorrow." Picking up Her backpack she put it on and began walking beside Mikasa. "You know how I helped Ymir prank Porco?"

Hearing her question Mikasa nodded his head. "Yeah, but what does that have to do with you getting detention? It happened off school property." He recalled.

"Well, you know how Porco is from a rich snobby private school? He filed a report to them claiming that Ymir and I harassed him and his school took him seriously since Ymir and I are 'Dirty Paradis Devils'. Now the two of us have detention..." Clicking her tongue she stuffed her hands into the pocket of her hoodie. "'Harassment' my ass! We just switched his hair gel with glue, it wasn't that bad!" She yelled with a slight pout. "And Historia and I were planning on going clothes shopping tomorrow after school but now I can't because of him."

Mikasa laughed. "Porco had to shave his head because of the glue. Anyways, you're going clothes shopping with Historia? Don't you think the two of you have a...very different taste in fashion?" Looking at Y/n's outfit Mikasa wondered why she was shopping for clothes with the school's fashion queen. Historia was more into wearing skirts, pastel colors, soft girl vibes type of clothes but also wear high fashion clothing items.

Y/n on the other hand...She wore an oversized hoodie, sweatpants, jeans, and comfortable shoes. Dark colors, graphic t-shirts, shorts, and something that was once in Mikasa's closet. The girl often took the clothes Mikasa no longer wore. Mikasa didn't mind at all, it's better than throwing it away. (Besides, it has people thinking that the two are dating)

"Oh. She wants me to help her pick out clothes for Ymir, the two of us have a similar style." She explained. Mikasa nodded his head and the two continued to walk towards their homes, enjoying each other's company.

The two have known each other since they were small, going to the same daycare and elementary school. For all those years the two have been friends, even when they entered middle school and high school. It was hard to stop being friends with someone who lived right next to you. Even more when one of your bedroom windows faced theirs.

Mikasa has seen Y/n grow as she saw him grow. They've seen each faze they've gone through, Mikasa was surprised Y/n stuck with him when he went through his goth faze. (Even though some of that lifestyle was still there)

"I heard you got asked out again. Did you reject them like everyone else?" Hearing Y/n Mikasa glanced down at her and hummed.

"I did." He answered. Y/n raised her brow and pursed her lips.