10- F!Mikasa x Dying Reader

@Weird0taku

.IT'S A SHAME.
Spoilers for Manga and Season four Part two
I repeat, MAJOR Spoilers for the manga and anime, if you aren't caught up in the manga, specifically, chapter 138, then don't read this!

3rd POV

  Walking outside the mansion she glanced up at the dark sky, stars lit the place, it looked lovely. It was the same sky she saw back home. Going across the field she felt her coat get tugged, looking down she saw the little boy. The same boy from the market, Ramzi was his name. Smiling down at him the boy grabbed her hand and led her to his home. Speaking to her even though she didn't understand his tongue.

Y/n came to face many tents, lit up with lanterns, this was the boy's home. Ramzi let go of the older woman's hand and ran over to his grandfather. Giving him a hug, the two smiling. Y/n's weak smile grew genuine at the tender moment, the makeshift tents felt more like home than the mansion Kiyomi offered the scouts to stay.

Her throat went dry, knowing that it was coming she faced away from the tents and coughed into her elbow. Her cough was rougher than usual, her throat burning as she coughed. After almost a minute she pulled away and softened her eyes. The burgundy rose petals littered her coat sleeve, a bit of blood on the petals. Sighing she wiped them off and kicked dirt over the bloody petals. No one needed to know about her condition.

They knew Y/n had been acting differently but they all presumed it was because she was tired. Tired of fighting. Her eyes weren't the same bright e/c eyes she had back in 850, they were dull now. She would hardly smile truthfully, not even when they tried ice cream.

Feeling another tug on her sleeve she saw Ramzi, he offered her a cup of something. It wasn't technically a cup but rather a can. Ramzi and his grandfather saw her coughing, worried, his grandfather sent him to give Y/n a drink. He asked if she was alright. She didn't understand of course but figured what he was saying from his worried face. Reaching down to the cup she grabbed it and thanked the boy, bowing her head a little so he would understand. Raising the cup she smelt the drink, it was booze. Scoffing under her breath she took a swing, the liquid burning her throat even more. She didn't mind, it'll make her forget.

Exhaling after taking a gulp she heard footsteps approach her. Turning around she faced her. Feeling her face warm-up she sent her eyes away from Mikasa. The black-haired girl came up to her and smiled, that was until she saw the drink in her hand. Recognizing it as alcohol from the familiar smell of it. This wasn't Y/n's first time drinking, out of the whole squad she was the one that drank the most. Mikasa never understood why she drowned herself in it.

"If you're going to t-tell me that I shouldn't be drinking, please don't. The boy from the market offered it to me." Y/n stuttered, feeling warm in her cheeks. Her throat was beginning to burn again, she knew she couldn't cough up in front of Mikasa. She couldn't know about the disease Y/n had. Swallowing down a huff escaped her. Mikasa frowned. "I'm not, I'm here because I was wondering if you've seen Eren. He wasn't in Ms. Kiyomi's mansion just like you." Mikasa said, placing one of her hands on Y/n's shoulder. The girl got warmer, even after Mikasa mentioning Eren's name.

"I haven't seen him, do you...Do you want to stay here with me? You have a good view of some constellations here. I can show you them." Y/n asked, pointing up at the sky. She learned quite a bit of constellations over the few years, Marley had a lot. The most popular being the constellation of Helos. Mikasa gazed up at the stars, she gave it a thought but shook her head. "Sorry I can't, I have to find Eren. Maybe later." Patting her shoulder Mikasa walked away, going out to find Eren. Leaving behind Y/n.