11- KNY/DS M!Mikasa x Reader Pt 2

@tanji_rin_

.I SWEAR I WILL SAVE YOU.
Based on the anime DEMON SLAYER

Important news at the end!
+a end credit scene!

3rd POV

A crow flew in the blue-colored sky, the light of the day spread far, people already working on their daily activities. Mikasa walked up to a man who worked in his fields, tending to his crops. "Excuse me." The young boy called. He still wore his clothes from the dreaded day, the hatchet he used to fight Levi was kept by his hip.

"Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" He asked him, pointing over to the basket and bamboo forest. The man turned to face Mikasa and shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes." He told him. Mikasa shook his head.

"It's fine, I'll pay for them."

"No, that's alright. I mean, it's a basket with holes." The man waved his arm, declining Mikasa's money as he was already pulling out a couple of yen coins. "I insist," Mikasa said, the man shook his head. Declining again. "No, it's alright. You can have the bamboo and straw for free, too." Hearing what the man said Mikasa held the coins tight in his pale hands. A smile formed on his face, he tilted forward and bowed. The man thought Mikasa would take the things free of charge but the next thing he knew his hand was grabbed and coins were slammed into his hold.

"Thank you, but I insist on paying you, even if it's change." He told him, letting go of them he grabbed the things he asked for and quickly went on his way.

-

Kneeling in front of a small cave Mikasa called out the person he left there.

"Y/n? I came back."

Looking deeper into the dark cave he couldn't spot her. Widening his eyes he hoped Y/n hadn't gone into the sun, that's why Mikasa left her here. "Y/n?" He called again, suddenly he saw her head pop up from the ground. "There she is," Mikasa mumbled in relief. Y/n looked at where Mikasa was, a small groan leaving her when seeing the bright light behind him. Her e/c eyes narrowing at it.

Y/n...you dug a hole? She turned into a mole.

Mikasa thought, seeing that she was in a hole that she dug. (It wasn't there when he left her here) He saw her frown.

And she's frowning! She must really want to avoid the sunlight.

"Just wait a minute, alright Y/n?" Standing he grabbed his hatchet and began to cut the bamboo into strips. He used them to line the basket from the outside, hoping that it will prevent any sunlight from getting in. Then using the straw to create arms for the basket. When he was finished he went inside the cave and showed it to Y/n.

"Think you can fit inside of this? It's best if we keep moving during the day, too. I'll carry you, okay?" Telling Y/n Mikasa saw her frown again, he thought she didn't understand so he pointed back and forth at the basket and her. Mouthing the keywords to her.

"You. Inside. Basket?"

Y/n let out a couple of sounds as she left her hole and slugged herself into the basket, pushing it back since she couldn't fit. "You can't fit, huh?" Mikasa mumbled under his breath, however, he smiled. She's grown so much since the first time I've met her. Suddenly he remembered. "Y/n. Remember how you became big like an adult the other day? Do you think you can do the opposite?" He began to pat her back and told her to get smaller.