5- F!Mikasa x Dead Reader

@Jhope_Sunshines

.I'M SO SORRY.

Mikasa's POV

  I should've known better...I knew I shouldn't have let her alone. Her words were always convincing me otherwise, that she would be safe all by herself. And no matter how many times I knew she was wrong, I always had myself believing her words.

Now I sat next to her bed while she ate her meal I brought her from the mess hall. She had broken her leg while helping Hange over at the 'Executioner from Hell' and refused to explain how exactly she broke her leg. Even Hange won't say...

She needs to be in top shape within a month for the expedition to reclaim Wall Maria. Although I wouldn't mind her still being injured till then because it'll prevent her from going, but I know she'll hate to miss the historic event.

"Hey, Mikasa." Lifting my head I look at Y/n who drank a bit of her water. Knowing that she has my attention she smiled, "Did you know Ms. Hange was a fan of frogs when she was younger? She told me when we were at the executioner." She smiles and picks up a piece of her food and put it into her mouth. Chewing it like it was the best meal she ever had.

"You mean before or after you broke your leg?" I ask her, crossing my arms and leaning back to the cushion of the chair I sat on. My eyes were focused on her, I mean there was nothing else to look at. Her cheeks were stuffed with food, the same, repetitive meals we were given, but she never seemed to get tired of these meals. She was always grateful for every meal she received, even if it was one of low quality.

"Ehh...You should stop bringing that up."

"Well, it's the only thing I can bring up since I am helping taking care of you." I tell her, seeing her sigh and finishing her food- she hands over the tray that had all the plates. I grab it and place it on the desk behind me, I'll take it back to the mess hall once I'm done here.

"Ah, that was a good meal! Hm...how about you tell me about what's going out there? What's up with Eren and the others? You know, to get away from the subject of my leg." Y/n pats her stomach from finishing her food. She reminded me a lot of Sasha since they both had a love for food. However, Y/n was more composed around it than Sasha was. I never saw Y/n fight in a cooking contest like Sasha.

"While you were getting medical attention Hange went ahead and started with experiments with Eren. He's trying his best to master the hardening ability by the time we have to retake Wall Maria. Everyone is preparing for it, you should be preparing for it as well...But now you're stuck in bed until your leg gets better. It's going to take weeks for it to heal." Glaring down at the floor I knew I should've joined her to the executioner. If I was there she wouldn't have broken her leg for sure. Instead, I let her go alone with Hange and Moblit to a titan zone, I believed her words of reassurance and thought she would be fine, especially with Moblit being there. Then she came back being carried by them, not being able to walk while being taken to the infirmary.

"You're acting like I broke my leg in half! I didn't break it that bad, the doctor said the bone wasn't completely broken. And just so you know...I was walking around perfectly fine for like half an hour before I realized my leg was jacked up. Only when Ms. Hange kicked my leg did I realize. Sure it was painful, but if I stay in bed day and night- I should be fine by the time of the mission. Although I don't have Eren's healing ability, I still heal quickly." Y/n smiles like nothing was wrong, didn't she realize she would be missing valuable training and lessons? She won't be ready...With the threat of Reiner and Bertholdt showing up during our mission, Y/n won't be safe.