𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊

Around ten minutes into my walk, I feel as though I'm being watched.

I look up from my shoes and observe my surroundings. My eyes lock with a boy's across the street, who's leaning against the record store building. He gives me a flirtatious smile, and I return with a confused frown. I turn my head in other directions, just to be sure he is smiling at me. He is.

That's strange.

Out of no where, someone is walking right next to me, matching my pace. I gasp as I flinch back.

"Hello, darling," breathes the man. He peers down at me with a smirk plastered on his face. I nervously back away from him.

What- How- "Y-you- why- how-" I stammer out of shock.

He cocks his right brow.

Am I going crazy?

My eyes blink rapidly. "I could have sworn you were just across the street," I mumble to myself.

He squints his brown eyes and gives me a concerned look. "Are you feeling ill?"

"Uh-  nevermind... sorry about that haha," I awkwardly laugh, hoping to ease the tension. What is wrong with me? 

I scrunch my eyebrows. Why does he look so familiar? "Where have I seen you before? You look oddly familiar..."

He shrugs his shoulders. "Well, I suppose my face is pretty unforgettable," he says confidently. He observes my face and forms his lips in a straight line. "No need to be nervous."

"How would you know I'm nervous?" I question.

He looks down uncomfortably. "I just have a hunch..."

Wait a second.... that hair. And that accent! "I know where I've met you before! You're the guy from Abby's party last night!" I state with certainty.

"Ding ding ding!" He licks his lips as they go back into a smile. "I knew you would remember. Everyone does."

Cocky much?

"Ha. Well I couldn't remember you for a solid two minutes..so don't get too fond of yourself,"

He scoffs.

"And besides that, YOU were the one who found me. It seems as if you couldn't forget about me," I watch him closely, trying to see his reaction. I notice he has earbuds dangling around his neck, and he's wearing a dark brown corduroy jacket.

He smirks. "It seems as though you're the one getting cocky, darling. I was simply taking a stroll and spotted you. Being bored, I walked up to you to have a conversation. YOU'RE the one saying I seem familiar." He rubs his hand on his mouth, concealing his grin.

My face burns as I whisper, "Oh...well this got awkward,"

"You made this exchange uncomfortable, not me," he puts his hands in the air, as if he's surrendering.

I chuckle.

"Anyways, where are you going on this fine evening?"

"To my house, and you?"

"Oh, I don't know... haven't decided yet."

I nod my head.

Abruptly, intrusive thoughts come piling in. What if he was sent by him? What if he was sent to keep an eye on me? Why else would he be talking to me? Maybe he is going to put a tracker on me. Is he here? Is he in my house waiting to-

"Are- are you alright?" he asks.

"Yes! I'm fine. If you don't mind, go away," I snap, with the thoughts still running in the back of my mind.