𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘

KOL'S POV

My eyes avert from my iPod to a familiar face across the street. It's her. That girl from the party last night. She notices me staring and I smile, yet she reciprocates the gesture with a frown. A frown? That doesn't make sense-- nearly everyone giggles or at least smiles back!

I run from my side of the road to hers, walking next to her. Her heartbeat quickens. God, don't do that. Anything but that.

"Hello, darling," I greet.

I must admit that she's certainly attractive, however not my type. The girl has blonde almost white hair that cascades just past her shoulders. Burnettes are better, in my opinion.

"Y-you- why- how-"

Blimey, I know my charms are beyond the average commoner, but my effect on this girl is astronomical!

The girl blinks rapidly as she shakes her head, most likely attempting to clear her mind from my good looks. "I could have sworn you were just across the street."

Ah, yes. I didn't mean for her to see that.

"Are you feeling ill?" I question with utmost concern.

"Uh- never mind... sorry about that haha."

She seems a tad knackered.

"Where have I seen you before? You look oddly familiar..." she says, knitting her brows together.

I shrug my shoulders. "Well, I suppose my face is pretty unforgettable."

That heartbeat again. Bloody hell, enough with that damn heart. I glance at her neck before quickly focusing my gaze on her eyes.

"No need to be nervous," I mumble.

"How would you know I'm nervous?"

I rub my neck and stare down at the sidewalk. "I just have a hunch..."

Out of nowhere, she exclaims, "I know where I've met you before! You're the guy from Abby's party last night!"

I grin. "Ding ding ding! I knew you would remember. Everyone does," I reply confidently.

"Ha." She doesn't laugh, rather says just the word itself. "Well, I couldn't remember you for a solid two minutes..so don't get too fond of yourself."

I scoff.

"And besides that, YOU were the one who found me. It seems as if you couldn't forget about me," I feel her watching me intensely, and I smirk.

She's right, but why would I admit to that?

"It seems as though you're the one getting cocky, darling. I was simply taking a stroll and spotted you. Being bored, I walked up to you to have a conversation. YOU'RE the one saying I seem familiar." My hands rub the lower half of my face to conceal my growing smile.

I look back at her when her heart quickens again.

"Oh... well this got awkward," her face resembles a tomato.