𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄

I hear birds chirping melodiously as I smile to myself whilst stretching my arms. My mood is instantly ruined when I remember it's a weekday. "SHIT! I HAVE SCHOOL!" I shout as I jolt off from the couch and avert my eyes over to where Casey fell asleep last night. My eyebrows furrow when I register the spot is empty.

"Good morning sunshine," I look up to the peninsula where Casey spoke nonchalantly as she is stirring a bowl of what looks to be pancake mix. "How'd you sleep?"

I glare at her and disregard the question. Casey watches me groan as I tiredly trudge up the stairs to get my phone. I need to know what time it is. If it's too late I might as well just skip...

When I arrive in my room I shut the door and swiftly move to my bed where my phone is. 11:23 a.m. And four missed calls from Mason. Well, that's great. Four hours late and four missed calls from a pissed boyfriend. I sigh and quickly grab a t-shirt and jeans. I rush to my vanity to get a makeup wipe, and as I'm cleaning my face from the leftover mascara from yesterday, I realize I didn't finish my homework and curse at myself. Once done, I brush my teeth and run downstairs.

 Once done, I brush my teeth and run downstairs

^ her outfit ^

I glance at Casey, who's leisurely covering her blueberry pancake with maple syrup. 

"I have to go to school, you know. Why didn't you wake me up?" I scold.

She looks up from her pancake and squints her green eyes at me. "Stop being so uptight it's-"

"-Uptight?! Casey, it's school!"

"Yeah, it's school! You shouldn't have to be revolving your whole life around it. Live a little!"

I give her a bashful smile. "I do not!" Casey tilts her head at me mockingly and I continue, "Actually, I'm going to a party tonight," I stare at her, trying to read her reaction.

"You are, huh? That's exciting...can I come?"

I scoff at her response and shake my head before walking out the door.

***

After math class is finally over, I run into a frantic Mason in the hallways. "Where were you all day Charlotte? Why didn't you answer my calls?" His eyes are glossed with anger. 

"I- I'm sorry...I slept in late."

Mason suddenly grabs my forearm and I'm certain bruises will appear. My arms are going to hur-

~~TRIGGER WARNING~~

He throws me on his bed and forcefully holds my arms down, leaving bright red marks on my forearms. I try to squirm my legs out from under him, but he's faster than me and knees both of them down, sucking my neck in the process. I watch in horror as he quickly unbuckles his pants once again.