𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

After school the next day, I walk straight home. My mom already left for the trip, which leaves me alone for a few hours before the babysitter arrives. I roll my eyes at the thought. I shouldn't have to be thinking about this. I'm supposed to be the one babysitting people, not the other way around.

When I get home, I put my hair up in a ponytail and head to my vanity to start my chemistry homework. I don't understand how I'm supposed to benefit from this in my future. Like I'll be having someone else figure it out for me if I need it. I sigh and give myself a look of this is bullshit in the mirror as if it were a friend. At least the teacher gave us a week to finish it. 

Just when I was about to go to the bathroom, I hear a knock at the front door. "Coming!" I exclaim as I jog downstairs to open the door.

I quickly turn the knob and swing the door open. My eyes meet a wavy haired brunette with mesmerizing bright green eyes. She greets me with a hello before she walks inside. "So... you must be Charlotte. Your mom told me all about you," she grins knowingly. "I'm Casey," she reaches out her hand and I willingly shake it while wearing a smile.

"Nice to meet you."

Casey walks away from me as she confidently wanders  around the house as if she's been here before. I watch as she hangs her leather jacket on the coat rack and shimmies off her black high heeled booties. 

"So... where's the food at?" Casey looks at me expectantly and I break my observations as I head towards the kitchen.

"Here, follow me. I'll give you a house tour!"

***

By the end of the night we are sprawled on the couch watching The Office while eating pizza. I savor the cheesy bread, crunching on sausage & peppers. 

"Charlotte, I'm so happy that I took this job...I was thinking it was a little weird that your mom wanted me to babysit a 17 year old," she chuckles to herself and I look away from the T.V. to her face. "I mean, no offense but I thought this was gonna be some kind of trap or kidnapping or something!"

We both laugh obnoxiously before I manage to say, "Then why did you come?"

"Oh, I just needed something interesting to happen in my life, ya know? Like imagine the reactions I'd get from a story like that? People would be all over me if I told 'em I was almost kidnapped!" She faces me fully and I notice the freckles on her nose while I raise my eyebrows at her reply.

"I mean- you can still get a story out of this. 'One time, I babysat this 17 year old...'" We ramble on for the rest of the night until we both fall asleep on the couch.

____

sorry this is a really short chapter but I just wanted to get the babysitter's introduction out of the way. do u like casey? comment what u think!!

don't forget to vote and comment!! they keep me motivated 😚