𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖

Around 2 am I hear rapping on my window.

I groan and open the curtains.  Peaking through the blinds, I admire how the full moon illuminates the ground, and my eyes meet Mason. He's hunched over, his hands running through the grass for another rock to throw. I giggle and open the window so he can see me. Mason looks up and grins as he picks up a Dairy Queen Blizzard cup from the ground. I lick my lips as he holds it out to ensure that I see it. I dash downstairs to unlock the door.

****

Mason doesn't like watching the stars. Never has, and tells me he never will. He believes it's pointless and boring. But tonight, he's changed his mind. I snuggle against his chest, breathing him in. I hold my breath, the smell of clean linen and aftershave filling my nose. I savor it as much as my body allows.

"I thought you were mad at me," I mumble into his chest.

"Why do you say that?"

I lift my head to take another sip of the Blizzard, shivering slightly when my hand wraps around the cold cup.

"Well, it seemed as if you were ignoring me."

I feel Mason's gaze following me and I look back up at him, frowning slightly. His hair casts over his eyes, preventing the moon from emitting them. They're endless pools of black, and I can't look away, captivated by how deep they appear in this lighting.

He shakes his head. "Well, I wasn't. We made up, remember?"

I rack my mind for the memory, but I can't seem to place it. When? Last time I checked, he was annoyed with me and sat with the stoners. He ignored and avoided me.

"We never made up. You threw a hissy fit about me wanting to sit with you guys and walked away." I narrow my eyes.

"I never did that."

"B- Y- Yes you did!!" I sputter.

"You must of had too much to drink, babe. It's okay, I had a lot too," he breathes, running a knuckle down my cheek. I flinch back before easing into his touch. "Let's get you to bed, okay?"

I nod my head and follow him through the window inside. He places his hand on the nape of my back, leading me to my bed. As soon as my head hits the silk pillow, I can't help but close my eyes, embracing Mason's warm touch.

It doesn't take long for me to fall into dreamland, and I welcome sleep with open arms.

____

This is a bit of a filler chapter, I apologize. But I thought it was sweet, you know? Even with Mason's toxic behavior.

Hit the star and pretend its mason !