Chapter seventeen: The ball

BECCAS VEIW;
Me, Sif, and Ashlee met in Sif's chambers to get ready. "Sif your dress is beautiful." Ashlee said as Sif walked out of the bathroom. It fitted her perfectly. Her hair was in a long black braid. Intwined with the braid was some pearls. Her shoes where shiny and black. "I guess it looks ok." Sif laughed. Ashlee then went into the bathroom and began to get ready. I still wasn't ready. Sif looked in the mirror and admired herself. "You look beautiful." I said. "Thank you." She said, still looking in the mirror.
Ashlee finally came out of the bathroom. She was wearing her big, blue, puffy dress. Her shoes where unseen except for the toes of them. They where blue. She also curled her hair....big time. "I...uh.. WOW!" Sif laughed. I've never heard Sif laugh so much. "I agree. Wow." I said, trying not to laugh. She did look beautiful... but the hair. I went into the bathroom next and got ready in my silky purple dress.
I got ready in about fifteen minutes. I think I looked okay...but Sif and Ashlee where speechless. "OHHH! Let me do your hair!" Ashlee said, practically hopping up and down. I laughed and sat down in a near by chair.
Ashlee did my brown hair in a bun. In the bun where tiny jewels. A few strands hung loose, but that made it look better. "Beautiful!" Ashlee yelled as she hugged me. I tried to keep my mind off of the note, my powers, and the upcoming war. My arm still was sore from the torture but I ignored that too. "Uh it's almost time." I said. I was nervous for some reason. "YAY!" Ashlee yelled. Then she looked confused. "Sif? Who are you going with?" She asked Sif. "A person-"
"Who?"

"I told you! It's a person!"

"Just tell me!"

"Shut up." I laughed. "OO! It's time!" Ashlee squealed. "Ok let's go." Sif said.
***************
BECCAS VEIW;
We walked down the long hall. I was so nervous. WHY? Then my head started to hurt...Loki was in my head. I then thought, 'Loki... please get out of my head. I'm nervous enough already' then just as fast as my headache started, it stopped.
We came to a big staircase. I looked down it to see Loki standing there. He was wearing his normal armor but with more gold. His mouth fell open when we made eye contact. Ashlee nudged my side and winked at me. Then her and Sif went down the staircase and into the ball room. I slowly walked down the stairs. When I reached Loki he smiled at me. "You...look so beautiful." I just smiled back. "Well..shall we?" He asked, then he put out his arm. I took it. "Don't be nervous love." He whispered to me. "I can't help it." I replied. Then we entered the ballroom.
So many people where there. There was food, Music, and people where dancing, talking, and just having a great time.....because they knew that most of these people would die. I kept reminding myself not to get mad....I didn't want my powers acting up...no.. not now. I looked around and saw Ashlee and Oliver dancing to the fast music. I thought they where a sweet couple. "Becca?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned around and what do you know! It was Lily. "Hey!" I said as I pulled her into I tight hug. She hugged me back. "You two know each other?" Loki asked. "Yes! I met her in the dress shop." I said as I pulled away from Lily.
Lily was wearing a black dress that went down to her skinny knees. "You look amazing." She said as a boy with brown hair walked up next to her. "Lily? Can we dance now?" The boy asked. Lily's face turned red. "Uh... Yes, sorry I was just saying hi to a friend." I laughed as Lily and the boy walked away.
"Brother! Becca!" I heard Thor say as he walked over to us. "Hi Thor." I replied then Thor hugged me. Loki scowled at him. When Thor let go of me he stepped back and a woman stepped next to him and held his hand.....It was Sif. She looked so happy. Loki then walked over to me and put his hand around my waist. "Sif. Thor. I see that you two are-" I quickly interrupted. "FOOD!"
I rushed to the long table where all the food was. I then grabbed a strawberry, dunked it in the chocolate fountain, and ate it. Loki laughed as he walked over to me. Suddenly the music started to play slow. "May I have this dance?" He asked as he bowed. "You may." I giggled. He then took my hand and my waist and we began to dance. "You really do look stunning." He said to me. "Not to bad yourself." He laughed at my reply. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I said. We then danced to the balcony. "I'm a monster.....You really think a monster like me is worthy of love?" He asked me. We have stopped dancing. "Every one is worthy of love. They just have to find the right person." I said. He had his hands on my waist and my arms around his neck. He then leaned in and closed the gap that was in between our lips. And this time..... The kiss meant something.