Chapter fourteen: Dinner

LOKIS VEIW;
"You may be seated." Odin's booming voice said. We sat. I haven't seen Becca all day, so I was glad to see her sitting across from me at dinner. She smiled at me as we began to eat. She actually ate which made me happy. The chatter at the table was loud but I didn't speak. Becca was busy laughing up a storm with Sif and Ashlee. I giggled to myself a couple of times, Becca's lagh was funny to me.
Suddenly Odin silenced the room. "As you may know." He began. "A ball is coming up next week. This is NOT a requirement.....but. A man must ask a woman to the ball..... Because most of these men...sadly...might die. And some woman." Odin was standing now. "But. A ball is supposed to be fun. There will be music....food.... and it will be at six forty on Wednesday." Odin looked around the table. "That is all." He sat and people started to talk loudly again. "You know what?" Ashlee asked some warrior that was sitting next to her. He looked over at her. "Oliver is taking ME to the ball." She held her head high then continued to talk to Becca and Sif.
BECCAS VEIW;
I got done with dinner quickly. It was eight o'clock and I wasn't tired, so I went to the library, picked out a random book, and went to my chambers to read. It was a lovely book about the history of Asgaurd. I changed into my pajamas after I read the first chapter and continued to read. Them I heard a knock on my door. I got up and opened the door. "Hey." It was Loki. "What's up?" He looked nervous
"I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to the ball next week." he said quickly. I was shocked. "I would love that." I said with a smile. He smiled back at me then left for his chambers.