S1 • Chapter 11 • Herb shop

Alas, the past is returning and he is at the station.

The rain had finally subsided and only a drizzle was left behind, Han had hung her drenched clothes at the edges of her boat as she continued to row, letting out a huff and a sigh as she exerted more energy than she thought she could give.

Then before her were specks of lit up buildings, the warm glow of the island, Han's destination, gave so much joy she leaped in the boat, almost flipping it over.

"Okay, medicine first, celebrate later, you still have a sick friend to save, Han," she reminded herself. She then hurriedly rowed to land, ignoring her sore and aching limbs and as soon as she landed ashore, Han laid down on the cold damp sand in pure relief.

Resting for only a few seconds, Han went back to work and tied her boat to a wooden post, grabbing her bag as she began to walk the paved streets of Tooi market. It was definitely the biggest market Han had ever seen, it explains why it had its own train station and everything. There were lanterns hanging from one lamppost to the other and each lantern had a different color all lit by floating boats of fire.

Beside one lamppost thre were floating clouds, hovering about the marketplace. They were spirits looking at a stal with glowing glittery scarves.

The stalls went on for miles the further and as Han walked onward more stalls would appear. It seemed like it could go on forever. Each stall had a different color, from dark blues to bright yellow. Each one had its own unique style, one stall had flying clocks while the other had many horns and whistles.

Different smells mixed together as Han entered the food section of the market. There were steamed meat buns, sweet treats, and warm noodle soups. The brunette could feel her stomach growl the longer she stared at the delicious steaming meat buns in the red stall before her. Her staring caught the attention of the vendor working there.

"Would you like one dear?" they asked, Han broke out of her longing gaze, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any money," Han bashfully replied, taking a step away but the vendor only smiled before wrapping one meat bun with paper.

"Here, my treat. You look starved to death," They held out the wrapped food to her face and Han couldn't resist the delicious smell. She received it with two shaky hands.

"Thank you so much!" she bowed before walking away, immediately digging in.

It must be my lucky week, I keep receiving free stuff lately.

Whilst feasting on her delicious dinner, Han began to scour the market names, looking for the shop Zeniba sent her to find. Habu shop, where could it be.

Han continued walking along the streets, occasionally checking the map in hand for the location. The market was definitely crowded even though it was so late at night, the poor spirit was getting lost in a different kind of sea as she would get bumped and pushed around by the people walking by. Han would try to apologize but the other spirits couldn't be more unbothered.

Eventually, Han found the herb shop. It was filled with plants and vines around the nooks and crannies of the house. Han had never seen such a messy yet enchanting house, another thing was it was strikingly different compared to the stalls and shops in the market, if anything the herb shop looked more like a retirement house than it did a shop.

Han felt a pull in her heart leading her inside. It was certainly strange but Han followed it.

The brunette tried sliding the door open, but the door refused to budge, she kept pulling to the side but the door seemed to be stubborn. Han tried to give it one last pull before the door moved with a young man holding the door inwards.