S1 • Chapter 15 • Season Finale

You have returned...who have you been waiting for?

The next day in the bathhouse was more dreadful than usual. Not only because Han had a ton of workload on her shoulder but also because Lin was leaving today. Han was lead once more to reminisce to her memories with Lin.

When Lin arrived at the bathhouse, she was filled with mud from head to toe. The frogs who were at the market found her sleeping by the pigs at the pen. That was 5 years ago when Han was 10 and Lin was twenty.

"You let go of me!" A grown woman who was in human form was struggling to break free from the snooty frogs that held her by the arm. She had brown hair, cream colored skin, and almost looked exactly like Han only, just like any normal spirit, had the spirit eyes.

All spirits have a human form but only the strongest of spirits can have a convincing human form. Hence when Han arrived, everyone assumed she was as powerful as Haku. But this grown up before Han looked like a white fox spirit, Han observed it from the clear upward tilt and thick black outline on the eyes of the spirit.

And based on the books Han has read, white foxes were pretty powerful.

The fox spirit fought against the grasp of the frogs but she sounded like she could barely keep herself awake, the frogs then drag her to Yubaba's office where your life either starts or ends. Han continued to sweep the floors of one tub cubicle before another one of the Yuna workers decided to rat Han out for 'not working'

When the customers had either left or retreated to their rooms, the workers were finally allowed to retreat to their own dorms too. Han thought her legs were practically melting candle sticks and her back ached like heck. She slowly walked back to the dorm thinking if she went earlier, she would be able to gain the rest she wanted.

Unfortunately, she miscalculated.

"You!" one of the yuna workers called out to Han, "Go get some soaps from the stocks." They ordered. This was why Han liked to wait in the rooftop till everyone had fallen asleep, she didn't have to deal with these workers that way.

The journey to the stocks was longer than Han's journey to the pig pen.

But Han could never fight back, unless Haku was there, and he was out doing errands. If she did, the workers would only make her do their dirty work.

These were the moments where Han wished she just stayed at that train station.

"Why don't you go get it yourself," a voice demanded from behind Han, crossing her arms as she glared at the workers.

"Oh look, it's the new girl," the yuna workers laughed but after another glare from the lady made them grumble before going to fetch the soaps.

Han watched them in surprise, "Woah, how did you do that?" Han exclaimed, the lady shrugged.

"They're jerks, all bark no bite..." Han sighed knowing that wasn't the case for her and so dropped the question.

"Well, thank you for helping me," she said.

The lady nodded, "You. How long have they been doing this to you?" she asked as she took the clothes Han handed to her.

"Ever since I arrived," Han answered.

The two walked to the balcony, legs dangling at the edge.

"You don't look that old, you must be new too," she said. Han sighed and rested her head on her crossed arms resting on the railing.